Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ath. Madrid v Liverpool CL

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
AM penalty now. Fun game this :lolol:

Please overturn this VAR. Just want to see them all go completely mental.

Oh no they haven’t

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
All the English pundits thought the penalty should have stood and yet I didn’t see any contact and the Athletico player threw himself to the ground. VAR working well again in just suggesting the ref takes another look.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
All the English pundits thought the penalty should have stood and yet I didn’t see any contact and the Athletico player threw himself to the ground. VAR working well again in just suggesting the ref takes another look.

Exactly how I saw it ... like the red which again the pundits seem to think was a tad unfair! Head high challenge with studs showing! He might not have meant to endanger Firmino ... but it was reckless to say the least.

Fun game to watch ... poor show by Simeone at the end ... but only to be expected really!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly how I saw it ... like the red which again the pundits seem to think was a tad unfair! Head high challenge with studs showing! He might not have meant to endanger Firmino ... but it was reckless to say the least.

Fun game to watch ... poor show by Simeone at the end ... but only to be expected really!

Yep, all of this. Absolutely cracking entertainment but saw the big decisions the same way as you and NB.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The best continental refs are streets ahead, they’re literally able to blank out home crowds.

Managing CL/EL games intelligently, does Kevin Friend get these gigs?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great result for Liverpool. That's what having a top quality manager can do for you.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Great result for Liverpool. That's what having a top quality manager can do for you.

Made me gag last year when they went on that 'losing streak', losing to Burnley, us etc... There were a few callers onto 606 asking for Klopps head saying he's his had peak and now needs to be replaced. Totally serious.

Nuts.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Simeone really is an obnoxious hair-dyeing greaseball.

Liverpool fans really need to crack on with a Naby Keita chant adapted from ‘Navigator’ by The Pogues.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Made me gag last year when they went on that 'losing streak', losing to Burnley, us etc... There were a few callers onto 606 asking for Klopps head saying he's his had peak and now needs to be replaced. Totally serious.

Nuts.

When missing VVD and other CB’s, midfielders taking their place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Simeone really is an obnoxious hair-dyeing greaseball.

Liverpool fans really need to crack on with a Naby Keita chant adapted from ‘Navigator’ by The Pogues.

A Colin W@nker, but at a higher level - one of his childish traits is to not shake hands with an opposing manager when the big baby can’t handle a defeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here