Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
My question is. How does this Sky Sports transfer “expert” know all this? Has he spoken with Brighton, with Tony? Or is it all… guesswork [emoji848]

[tweet]1412012617426681857[/tweet]

At least that guy has spoken with a little bit of truth regarding us not actually naming a price for BW, rather than all these fake statements that get said by other reporters as if they have some secret dialogue with Tony. Whats becoming clear is that we are in such a great position with this potential transfer. Either Ben White stays and plays next season for us, or we sit back and let a bidding war unfold where Arsenal have done a fantastic job with their early offers of setting a £50m reserve on him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably bollocks but I saw some online news snippet that White has set his heart on Arsenal, if so they are going to have to match what any other clubs offer and TB accepts. BW won’t get a say if the price is not met.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Nico shira who is a respected sports journalist on Twitter with nearly 150,000 followers has claimed 60 million euros is the fee Btn want which is just under £52m and Arsenal are getting closer to this figure with add ons . White keen to move , not surprisingly as his salary will likely go from around £40k to £100k per week at least !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If it is any consolation I just walked the dog past his house and he has a local swimming pool company van parked on his drive

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man City monitoring the situation according to talkshite.

I've never understood this phrase at all TBH. Does it just mean someone at the club is watching Sky Sports News to see what they're saying about it? Surely they can't actually know anything about the dealings between Brighton & Arsenal (or Everton, or Chelsea).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've never understood this phrase at all TBH. Does it just mean someone at the club is watching Sky Sports News to see what they're saying about it? Surely they can't actually know anything about the dealings between Brighton & Arsenal (or Everton, or Chelsea).

Just ask the agent..

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I doubt he’s terribly bothered about getting an extra few thousand for his house in Worthing when he’s close to signing a contract for around £5 M a year !

Probably be buying in Hampstead like lots of the Arsenal players . £5m doesn’t get you a mansion there .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That’s the truth, wants champions league footy apparently and hasn’t even met with Arsenal reps yet, but is meeting Chelsea reps Fri or Tuesday next week.

Source?

Argus saying Arsenal acceptance is complete bollocks - not sure if there’s anything on this thread yet that’s true from these so called ‘journos’!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A lot of chat in the papers about clubs talking to Ben. Isn't that against the rules?

I imagine all clubs do it to a greater or lesser extent, but this just seems like open season. Is it all down to the agent?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A lot of chat in the papers about clubs talking to Ben. Isn't that against the rules?

I imagine all clubs do it to a greater or lesser extent, but this just seems like open season. Is it all down to the agent?

Clubs will be speaking to the agent, who will know what Ben is looking for / speak to Ben.

How do you think we were 'courting' Ali J for 2 years before we (unfortunately) signed him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here