Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like Mica Richards selecting Mings in his starting XI because of his left foot? The fact that he ain't very good sort of got brushed under the carpet so as to speak....Pundits are full of it aren't they?

TNBA

TTF

But Mings literally only is selected because he’s left footed. The need to turn out from defensive possession is one of the first things youngsters are shown.

Of course this means using Shaw or Chilwell on the left as well. If he picks Trippier it makes a mockery of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least let him play in the tournament as a Brighton player before he is transferred out.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Arsenal sniffing.

David Ornstein pushing the White to Arsenal story

David Ornstein [MENTION=1785]david[/MENTION]_Ornstein
· 14m
Arsenal preparing move for Brighton defender Ben White. No club-to-club contact yet but expected in due course. Could take ~£40-50m — unlikely to be insurmountable for #AFC. Interest 1st reported by [MENTION=7807]john[/MENTION]crossmirror. W/ [MENTION=30064]gunner[/MENTION]blog [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]AthleticUK #BHAFC https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal-ben-white-transfer-brighton/CQMYmT1EQ0K4

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

· 14m
Arsenal preparing move for Brighton defender Ben White. No club-to-club contact yet but expected in due course. Could take ~£40-50m — unlikely to be insurmountable for #AFC. Interest 1st reported by [MENTION=7807]john[/MENTION]crossmirror. W/ [MENTION=30064]gunner[/MENTION]blog [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]AthleticUK #BHAFC https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal-ben-white-transfer-brighton/CQMYmT1EQ0K4

100m and I’d take the call....maybe

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'd be disappointed if he or Biss went to Arsenal. Both should be playing in Europe for a top manager.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
50m minimum. But that's not a bad deal. He's a good player but really don't think he's world class or ever will be. Dare I say a tad overrated

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

· 14m

https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal-ben-white-transfer-brighton/CQMYmT1EQ0K4

Very moany comments below …. they’re happy with their mean defence and defenders. Think it’s a waste of limited money, that could be channeled elsewhere.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just saw that on The Athletic. White a ‘concrete target’ for Arsenal

What a non-story.

Let's look at this logically.

1. It's highly unlikely that anything will happen while England are still in the Euros. BW might not play a single meaningful minute. He might get injured. He might even play badly.

2. TB isn't going to take the first offer that comes along, however 'concrete' a target White is for anyone. If White wants to go then TB will sit back and wait for a bidding war to start. Any bid from Arsenal will just be the first of many, and if none of them reach TB's valuation, I doubt if White will be going anywhere.

3. Now, it's very possible, perhaps even likely, that White will hear about the wages on offer from other clubs while on England duty. He'll also hear stories of big European games from City, Chelsea and even Manchester United players. Arsenal, however ... ?

4. The co-writer of the story, David Ornstein, said three weeks before Tottenham sacked Mourinho that he thought they weren't close to sacking him and that he would be given time. Well, three weeks counts as 'time', I suppose ...

Last edited:

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Exactly, Ben only arrived on loan at Leeds a week or so before the start of the season after 7 years of Albion development - not only did he start their first game (after much Leeds bleating about who the f*** is Ben White and why are we signing Brighton’s unwanted players on loan/he’s not fit to lace Pontus Janssens boots etc) ) he got man of the match!
But no, it must be Bielsa’s incredible coaching that made White the player he is in 7 days!

It was 5 weeks actually and Pablo Hernandez was named man of the match but hey lets not allow the facts to get in the way of a good story...

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I had the misfortune of hearing Chris Waddle talk about White on the Radio 5 Euro's preview podcast. Now I loved Waddle as a player but he really does talk shite.

According to him, White is a rookie who played mainly as a midfielder at Leeds, has only made one sub appearance for England and England should play a back 4 with Stones and Kyle Walker at centre back. :ffsparr:

Waddle is unfortunately representative of the standard pundit these days. Knows a lot about the top three, a reasonable amount about the next three, cliched bits about the next 5 or 7 and then ignorance and chatter around the rest. There are more than a few.

Who are the exceptions?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Waddle is unfortunately representative of the standard pundit these days. Knows a lot about the top three, a reasonable amount about the next three, cliched bits about the next 5 or 7 and then ignorance and chatter around the rest. There are more than a few.

Who are the exceptions?

Leon Osman. Emma Hayes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here