Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
O.k. Now please be honest and vote with your head and not your heart. Do you believe this land is an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty?

Please do not take into account the love of your football team or your village, please just be honest.....

Sussex_University_Aerial.jpg

Last edited:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
:ohmy: BEAUTIFUL. This is where the new stadium is going? Why the hell have i been supporting Falmer all this time. Think of all the poor bats, ducks and students.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That picture really does illustrate just what a sick JOKE this whole process has been from start to finish. What the f*** is there to "protect" there, other than the stubborn self-interest of a handful of nimbys.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you are standing to the SOUTH of Falmer village, and looking south / southeast / southwest, then the landscape is indeed beautiful. I wouldn't dispute that for a second, nor would I advocate building on land such as that, as its clearly open downland. However, trying to argue that the scrubby field hemmed in by the B2123, the A27, and the universites is an area of outstanding natural beauty is stretching the point somewhat. I know a line on a map SAYS it is, but anyone with half a brain can see for themselves that it isn't.

This is as good a picture as I've seen for proving that the argument really does boil down to straighforward NIMBYism.

what picture?

Seen it now.

Nope it isn't but AONB's rarely are, when adjacent to a major urban area!

Last edited:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I think it's a pretty old picture as well.

In the last 5-6 years the University of Brighton campus has grown significantly (new halls of residence to the south and west) as well as new teaching blocks.

Theres also a bloody great big sports & Health club between UOB and Falmer school, that isn't on this particular picture ...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the place is a fekkin mess . . . a real mish mash of buildings, I think the regeneration of the area and a stadium is the best thing for the place . . . all the nice bits are well out of shot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here