Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3 today…got lucky with second guess

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Perhaps I should have looked at what every other keen player and likely contributor to the thread was going to say before posting?!
No, and I'm sorry for being silly about it. It just struck me that you made PRECISELY the comment that was anticipated.

To be clear. The only reason for being legitimately upset by discussion of today's word in the NSC Wordle thread is if you are a keen player who has somehow managed to forget that you should play today's game before reading the thread.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I got the last 4 letters in the right order on guess 2 and it still took me 6 goes. It was down to a choice of two letters in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My starter word which contains three vowels has been next to useless for the last few days but I just know if I change it it will be a day where it gives me the chance of a two (if I’m really lucky) or a three, so I can’t change now. Disappointed every time I know it’s going to take at least 4 :smile:

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
My starter word which contains three vowels has been next to useless for the last few days but I just know if I change it it will be a day where it gives me the chance of a two (if I’m really lucky) or a three, so I can’t change now
Exactly the same here. All the early chat was about ADIEU, SOARE, IRATE, RAISE etc as being good options... On Word Master https://octokatherine.github.io/word-master/ I currently have a winning streak of 86 playing RAISE followed by YOUTH which takes out all the vowels... often on line 3 I play something like BLAND, BLOND, BLEND, BLIND, PLANK or PLONK to try and get information about 4 more consonants and possibly hit a green with the vowel...

As you say, none of this sort of stuff has helped for the last few days on Wordle...!!!

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My starter word which contains three vowels has been next to useless for the last few days but I just know if I change it it will be a day where it gives me the chance of a two (if I’m really lucky) or a three, so I can’t change now. Disappointed every time I know it’s going to take at least 4 :smile:

Whilst it is great to get a low score, the whole thing is as much dependent on luck as it is on wordplay. I suspect that most people overall have very similar success curves. Today’s is very much pot luck if you get lucky with your starter word.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh a two!

Wordle 226 2/6

⬜������⬜
����������

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Cheeky little three today - I was pretty sure it was one of three words after two goes and chose correctly for a change.

3.87 17/17

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

Eliminating those three vowels is pretty useful in itself isn't it?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The line in your post that revealed today’s word was only the second time it’s happened in over 2000 posts. The overwhelming majority of people don’t do it, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to conclude that they would prefer others not to as well.

However, if the consensus was that doing so was ok for this thread, I would of course leave well alone. But you didn’t seek consensus, you just went ahead with no reference to the way that the thread has developed. That’s why I deleted that line, with no other sanction or criticism.

What do others think? Is it ok to reveal that day’s word before midnight? I’d be genuinely interested as the point MG raises is valid. I’d be especially interested in the OP’s opinion [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] and the score-keeper’s [MENTION=16461]The Brighton Bear[/MENTION]

I think most would prefer a spolier-free thread. I avoid looking until after I've played but it'd be annoying to inadvertently stumble upon the answer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not having a good time of it last few days - a 5 today, and a 6 yesterday (that was horrible).

Streak survives (13 now but only just).

Average up to 4.10.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eliminating those three vowels is pretty useful in itself isn't it?

You’d think but getting to 3 and having one letter in the right place and one in the wrong is frustrating

I am always tempted to look to this thread when I am getting frustrated :)smile:) but resist

Still not many doing “hard” Worlde I notice

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You’d think but getting to 3 and having one letter in the right place and one in the wrong is frustrating

I am always tempted to look to this thread when I am getting frustrated :)smile:) but resist

Still not many doing “hard” Worlde I notice

Those wrong letters can be a guiding light though.

Lewdle 13 4/6
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Don't be $⋕*! Play the original Wordle too!
https://www.lewdlegame.com/

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wordle 226 6/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩