Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Wordle 226 3/6

⬜����⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜��⬜
����������

A bit of a stab in the dark that worked, always makes me release a fist pumped “yes!”
Average now 3.875.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Got today’s in 2, with just one letter (in the wrong place) from the first go. First one I’ve fluked like that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I had an EXTREMELY tricky downhill putt after reaching the green in 2.

Knowing the last 4 letters but with 5 remaining of the 7 (SEVEN) equally likely candidates for box one ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Wordle 226 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today's average 3.67

May have made a mistake rounding up my figure yesterday - not that it matters?!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anyone else think that keen Wordle players reading Wordle chats BEFORE playing themselves that day deserve everything they get...??

Part of the fun of this game must be the freedom to discuss it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Phew

[URL="Wordle 226 6/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
[emoji833]🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩[/URL]
I expected a lot more of this today...
[MENTION=4361]Shirty[/MENTION] how many of the 7 equally likely consonants for box one were still in play on your 3rd shot..?

Someone, somewhere, today will have 4 greens on line 1 and still end up with a blob... [emoji1787][emoji1787]

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
A three today, which could have been a (lucky) two. It could very easily have been a 5 or 6 though!

Average 3.86, 35 streak and still 100%

F5111A54-3E8C-4292-9507-8D32031E5377.jpeg

C207016F-664A-4827-81EA-220D52406D67.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I expected a lot more of this today...
[MENTION=4361]Shirty[/MENTION] how many of the 7 equally likely consonants for box one were still in play on your 3rd shot..?

Someone, somewhere, today will have 4 greens on line 1 and still end up with a blob... [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Me, well, on line two anyway.

A very annoying 5 today with multiple choices for the first letter. :rant:

Wordle 226 5/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anyone else think that keen Wordle players reading Wordle chats BEFORE playing themselves that day deserve everything they get...??

Part of the fun of this game must be the freedom to discuss it.

The line in your post that revealed today’s word was only the second time it’s happened in over 2000 posts. The overwhelming majority of people don’t do it, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to conclude that they would prefer others not to as well.

However, if the consensus was that doing so was ok for this thread, I would of course leave well alone. But you didn’t seek consensus, you just went ahead with no reference to the way that the thread has developed. That’s why I deleted that line, with no other sanction or criticism.

What do others think? Is it ok to reveal that day’s word before midnight? I’d be genuinely interested as the point MG raises is valid. I’d be especially interested in the OP’s opinion [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] and the score-keeper’s [MENTION=16461]The Brighton Bear[/MENTION]

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
The line in your post that revealed today’s word was only the second time it’s happened in over 2000 posts. The overwhelming majority of people don’t do it, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to conclude that they would prefer others not to as well.

However, if the consensus was that doing so was ok for this thread, I would of course leave well alone. But you didn’t seek consensus, you just went ahead with no reference to the way that the thread has developed. That’s why I deleted that line, with no other sanction or criticism.

What do others think? Is it ok to reveal that day’s word before midnight? I’d be genuinely interested as the point MG raises is valid. I’d be especially interested in the OP’s opinion [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] and the score-keeper’s [MENTION=16461]The Brighton Bear[/MENTION]

I don't think the word should be revealed until the following day, I don't look at this thread until after my attempt anyway.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

No discussion should be allowed on here.
I never come in to look at other people's score before doing it, but would be upset at spoilers.

I know people are competitive, and I would like to be higher in the table, and I know there are loads of sites out there with the answers displayed every day, and other ways to "cheat" your official score, é.g. play on a different device/incognito browser first etc.
But really what is the point?
It's a nice simple game, let's leave it at that.

I do like to look afterwards at other people's attempts to see how they compare, so keep posting those, but no hints or reference to the actual word please.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here