Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Wozza

Custom title
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Happy with that...

wordle.png

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm sure someone else has said the mechanics of this beautifully simple and addictive game remind them of Mastermind, and with any excuse needed to post this, in the spirit of "there is no new thing under the sun"...

thmb-19102018133828-mastermind_photo_box_game.jpg

Wordle 205 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜������⬜
��⬜��⬜⬜
⬜��⬜����
����������

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Three today

Wordle 205 3/6

⬜⬜⬜����
⬜��⬜��⬜
����������

Last edited:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
A fortunate 3 today and my average is now 4.17. I can’t see much chance of lowering this though because to get 3 requires a fair share of luck I reckon. It is a rebranding of Mastermind I agree but the fact that knowledge of English language/vocabulary/letter patterns adds a further skill element is good. I ‘enjoy’ the stages between 2 and 4 the most as you try to maximise your chance of success - I do use the same starter word too. I bet Tony can ace this game!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can’t see much chance of lowering this though because to get 3 requires a fair share of luck I reckon.

I thought this at first until I saw my brother in law getting it in 3 every day and decided it can't be luck!
(He's studying English at Cambridge)

If you pick 1st and 2nd words that cover all the vowels and the most common letters you're usually left with a 50/50 chance of what it could be in the 3rd guess.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No spoilers but, is today’s word a well known one?

I’m 3 guesses in, have 2 greens and a yellow but NO clue what it could possibly be, can’t work out for the life of me where the yellow could go.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I’m 3 guesses in, have 2 greens and a yellow but NO clue what it could possibly be, can’t work out for the life of me where the yellow could go.
Yes, I'd say it is.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Rule out what it can't be based on your letters and you'll get there, and it'll seem obvious once you know!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here