Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yywww
ygwww
wggww
wggww
ggggg

Tallies.PNG

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Don't get me wrong, there have been times where I have managed exactly the thing I'm saying I find strange. I had a two once where my first guess yielded nothing, bar eliminating 5 letters. With my second guess I got the word spot on. That was ridiculous, but it's happened once in 200+ games. There are words which are unusual, for example throwing in a double as you say. I don't believe anyone has an opening word guess which uses a double letter, it's wasteful and will not help you in the majority of words. But people will consistently get that as quickly as a more straight forward word which just uses more core letters. There's a particular word I'm waiting for which utilises the same letter three times and the other two letters are bottom of the barrel guesses. I'm almost horny at seeing people get 2s and 3s that day!

Well, today I had a miracle. With the second and final letters in place, I gamed out what seemed most likely to be the end of the word and worked backwards from there. I'll be back to 5s/6s tomorrow though, I never get this lucky more than once or twice a month!

Wordle 479 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

"Wordle in One

You cheated. Unless the wordle for that day was β€œadieu”, β€œalert”, β€œlater”, or β€œsoare” there is no way that you got the Wordle in one. Maybe you are one of those who hacked the game code to find all the answers. Maybe a friend spoiled it for you. Maybe you redid it just to feel like you accomplished something after getting it wrong. Regardless, nobody gets it in one try, if you claim that you did you are a dirty liar. There is no honor for cheaters."

:lolol:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
"Wordle in One

You cheated. Unless the wordle for that day was β€œadieu”, β€œalert”, β€œlater”, or β€œsoare” there is no way that you got the Wordle in one. Maybe you are one of those who hacked the game code to find all the answers. Maybe a friend spoiled it for you. Maybe you redid it just to feel like you accomplished something after getting it wrong. Regardless, nobody gets it in one try, if you claim that you did you are a dirty liar. There is no honor for cheaters."

:lolol:

The article is very good - but I do start with the same word every day. And it, so far, has never come up. Eventually, it will do and then I'll be crowing! I'm playing the odds a bit, but it's not a totally out there word. I'm horny for the morning that I put in my usual word and it goes green instantly. There best be some balloons on the screen or something magical!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The article is very good - but I do start with the same word every day. And it, so far, has never come up. Eventually, it will do and then I'll be crowing! I'm playing the odds a bit, but it's not a totally out there word. I'm horny for the morning that I put in my usual word and it goes green instantly. There best be some balloons on the screen or something magical!

There is as much chance of that coming up as twunt, fanny and wanka :wink:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Maybe one day, everyone in the competition or posting thier results here should agree to start with exactly the same predetermined word and see how we do. Who knows it might be 25 people getting 1s together.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerΓ­a
Wordle 480 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3.49 A satisfying one today where the answer came after a couple of minutes shuffling letters around.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Really happy with a 4 today
Wordle 480 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

St 26
Av 3.73