Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An English Lesson

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Safeway said:
You shouldn't start a sentence with 'so', and there's definitely no need for FOUR exclamation marks at the end.

Don't you mean, 'So is a word that should not be used at the start of a sentence!!!!'.

Last edited:

Mad Gerald

Jul 17, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
Would would've be an acceptable alternative?

Now you're asking a serious question there. It would have been acceptable to me and that is all that matters really.

:p :p :p

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Of when they mean off

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Giant kid's playground". Well no one will go in that. What if the giant kid turns up?

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Curious Orange said:
Sorry guys, your use of our lovely language is terrible. So here is a quick lesson in the usage of some common words:

there = over yonder
their = belonging to
they're = they are

your = belonging to you
you're = you are

too = aswell
to = do I have to explain this one

no = see to
know = having knowledge

These are not dictionary definitions, but you should get the general idea. I now expect perfectly written posts from you all!!!!

:lolol:

No one is perfect. If they was then the world would be a boring and a depressing place.

Thats what makes NSC so great, We all come from all walks of life........Rich......Poor....intellectual.....not so bright when it comes to grammer....Who cares ? Everyone knows what the post means , So whats the problem ?

Last edited:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Locky said:
One that annoys me is Satdee or satadi, for Christ's sake this is one of the first things you are taught at school.
Its Saturday. :angry:
Isn't it "It's Saturday" Locky as the two words are it and is, with an apostrophe indicating contraction?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We know no-one is perfect, but a little effort in learning your primary language would go a long way to eradicating the notion that modern society is completely illiterate.

If we do not use punctuation correctly, what is the point of having an English language? We might as well communicate by grunting.

It's not that difficult, really. All you have to do is think a bit.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
The Large One said:
If we do not use punctuation correctly, what is the point of having an English language? We might as well communicate by grunting.

what is the point ? Everyone I speak to doesn't speak proper English and speaks slang. And that goes for the well educated people as well.

If everyone on here had to speak perfect English then NSC might as well close down.

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Some of us still do, you not seen a teenager recently?

Recently had to interview for an admin asst the main role of the job was to do minutes of public meetings.

Part of the interview process was to complete a test which comprised correcting the English in a page of text and to put it into a minute format.

Not one managed to do this, most not changing There to Their where appropriate and we had a sentence which contained, had had, and no one corrected that and no one understood what minute format was.

Now, I consider myself really poor at English but I knew the answers.

An inditement on 1960's education as all the applicatnts were over 50!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here