Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex - pic of the day

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Cracking pic of the day on the main site today. Really shows how awesome the East is going to look. Can't be long before the seats go in now.

0,,10433~11045881,00.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Cracking pic of the day on the main site today. Really shows how awesome the East is going to look. Can't be long before the seats go in now.

0,,10433~11045881,00.jpg

I think MP said recently the seats will be left till the last minute to keep them fresh for the new STs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

0,,10433~11045881,00.jpg
Agree with "awesome". Hard to believe but the Amex atmosphere and experience is going to be even better this coming year than last.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think MP said recently the seats will be left till the last minute to keep them fresh for the new STs.

Does that mean that fans will be given a seat and screwdriver when they go through the turnstyle?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Does it guarantee any more noise from the East stand though, which let's face it was pretty crap last season? Only the West Stand and North Stand made the noise. Start giving them screwdrivers to fix seats and you'll never get any noise out of them.

Sing up East Stand, please?

TNBA

TTF

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm row v in WSU, virtually in the gods and the walkway that supports the lights and sound system blocks a lot of the view of the new ESU in my seat.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hopefully it will at least help a bit to keep noise in the Stadium as it won't be leaking out the gaping whole in the stand anymore.

Jozza

Aug 8, 2011
Does it guarantee any more noise from the East stand though, which let's face it was pretty crap last season? Only the West Stand and North Stand made the noise. Start giving them screwdrivers to fix seats and you'll never get any noise out of them.

TNBA

TTF

There are a few of us trying to get "We are the East Stand" up and running problem is the North and the West just go back and fourth to each other that plus no one really sings in the East!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
There are a few of us trying to get "We are the East Stand" up and running problem is the North and the West just go back and fourth to each other that plus no one really sings in the East!

Maybe you should form an alliance with the South. Actually the South might be interesting this season what with its proximity to the away fans. The South could be the new North in terms of banter. We might even get some goals up that end.

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012
6 of us have moved from our wsl seats right next to the away fans up to esu second row back from the front in line with the box. 1 for a better view and 2 to get some noise going on!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

TNBA

TTF

I'm in the East Stand and while it's not on the same level of noise as the North or West, there are some pretty obvious reasons for this.

1. It's a lot smaller, or was.
2. It was specifically marketed at families and pensioners.
3. Some of the seats in the southern end were comps, so not exactly your hardcore supporters.
4. On the occasions it did get relatively loud, the chances are that the North and West were already in full voice too, so you weren't likely to hear us.

I hope the enlarged East gives a better account of itself next season but almost by definition it's not going to be as loud as the north or west. (Incidentally there are times when the west seems silent to us in the east, but later on NSC we read that it was a wall of noise. So again, acoustic quirks need to be factored in.)

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008

So us lot in the East Stand just start it instead, then North, then West and back to East.

Simples !!

WE'RE THE EAST STAND, WE'RE THE EAST STAND, WE'RE THE EAST STAND BRIGHTON BOYS .......................................!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in the East Stand and while it's not on the same level of noise as the North or West, there are some pretty obvious reasons for this.

3. Some of the seats in the southern end were comps, so not exactly your hardcore supporters.
4. On the occasions it did get relatively loud, the chances are that the North and West were already in full voice too, so you weren't likely to hear us.

I hope the enlarged East gives a better account of itself next season but almost by definition it's not going to be as loud as the north or west. (Incidentally there are times when the west seems silent to us in the east, but later on NSC we read that it was a wall of noise. So again, acoustic quirks need to be factored in.)
But we still had our moments, last season.
we we got going, we made some serious noise.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne

Can't add much to this, except that I'm really looking forward to my new seat in ESU!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

TNBA

TTF

As an east-stander i must heartily protest. There was often a cracking atmosphere. Been hundreds of times to Albion matches and the only stand it was not better than was the old north stand and that wasn't always that great.

rockypaul

May 23, 2011

TNBA

TTF

We sit in the east stand and sang all the time, i think its different if you sit somewhere, to me it sounded like a lot of people were singing.. the west stand only seemed to sing when they were baited by the north stand to join in for a few of the games, but to be fair when everyone sings i think the place rock & rolls, Doncaster & Burnley games come to mind...!!!
with additional new seats in the East Stand I hope you hear what we hear week in week out when we play at the amex, fans singing there hearts out for the albion...
seagulls seagullls !!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here