Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Version of The Office

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Clips available at: http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Video/

Oh dear. There are now some clips of the American version of The Office online and it looks like lots of it is going to be word for word the same as the original.

What is the point? The American Red Dwarf was a disaster, Coupling was reshot in America but using the British script and wasn’t popular.

As the original versions were received well in America in the first place, why is there this need to do it again but using American actors?

Last edited:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Gareth is played by the weirdo guy from Six Feet Under (the YTS Mortician guy).

Looks pants.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
MMMMM? That boss will really grate i think, i got annoyed just watching him for 2 minutes. It wasnt what he said though, it was his damn voice.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
that's weird. I suppose its better to stick to the original than completely change it like they apparently did with the US Men behaving badly...taking out the beer drinking and slobbishness. Errr hello?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The subtle nuances about living in the shitehole that is Blighty and the black humour that this produces will never translate across the pond, whether it's the Brit original or an American re-make. Can you imagine a Brit version of Cheers or Friends?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Dear John, the USA version was a moderate sucess

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Mr Popkins said:
was Julia Mckenzie in that?

I dunno. British remake of the golden girls with 4 old biddies living in Brighton. So bad ITV took it off the air after about 3 shows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here