Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alcohol problems?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Anyone on here ever though i've got a drink problem, i.e always crave a few beers each evening, or get in afterwork and crack open a tinny then the evening continues in that vain?

Was thinking about this last night as i rarely drink anymore but used to go out and get really hammered Thursday, Friday,Saturday and Monday then normally had a few beers on the other nights. I remember finding it really difficult not to go out and buy beer if i had none in the fridge.

Now i only drink if i go out on a weekend which i tend to ddo only every other week.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Just stay away from Norfolk Sq and you will be fine fella.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That's a long way from having a problem mate, that's just being young.

Problem drinkers crave it from the moment they wake up, are almost permanently over the limit, and most of all, hide it ! they will keep a respectable life going somehow, lying and disguising their drinking, until finally they can keep that facade up no longer.

Clarke Carlisle at QPR is an excellent example. No-one even knew he was a drinker, let alone an alcoholic. General perception around the club was a "top pro" and when he missed training last week because he'd overslept, it was felt to be so out of character. But no, he just couldn't disguise it any longer.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I was living at home at the time, On pretty good money hence loads of cash, No such luck anymore. Plus all my mates and myself are living with Girlfriends, Mortgages ,rent etc so less money and time to get out on the lash anymore.

Dandyman

In London village.
I spilled a pint once - does that count ?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I very rarely drink at home and have all manner of spirits and lagers kicking about.

I think that sets the social drinker apart from the alcoholic.

I'm definitely prone to going out on the odd Russell despite my mortgage, a lot of my mates are the same.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I normally save myself for a good old booze up when the lads get together on a Saturday night.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I have a drinking problem-

2 hands ,one mouth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a few tinnies during the week in the evening, usually no more than two though.

Wines a different matter though. If I have a bottle of white wine on my own (maybe once a week), I drink it out of the bottle. If I pour it in a glass, its gone before I know it. I can make one bottle of wine last most of the evening if I swig it from the bottle though.

Do I have a problem ?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Cheshire Dolphin said:
There's something very Withnail about drinking wine straight from the bottle. :lol:

Go easy CD - you know how you struggle after you've had a few.

:lolol: :lol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here