Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has not lost his ‘right place, right time’ instinct. Just needs to put a few away to get some confidence.

45'+1'
Post update
Attempt saved. Aaron Connolly (Middlesbrough) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

44'
Post update
Attempt missed. Aaron Connolly (Middlesbrough) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Isaiah Jones with a cross

41'
Post update
Attempt missed. Aaron Connolly (Middlesbrough) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses the top right corner. Assisted by Matt Crooks following a fast break.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He has not lost his ‘right place, right time’ instinct. Just needs to put a few away to get some confidence.

45'+1'
Post update
Attempt saved. Aaron Connolly (Middlesbrough) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

44'
Post update
Attempt missed. Aaron Connolly (Middlesbrough) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Isaiah Jones with a cross

41'
Post update
Attempt missed. Aaron Connolly (Middlesbrough) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses the top right corner. Assisted by Matt Crooks following a fast break.
No change there then..... lost cause in my opinion, after several years of me supporting his cause....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

45'+1'
Post update

44'
Post update

41'
Post update

He’ll come good with game time imo. He’s getting in the right places but his confidence is clearly shot. I am not writing him off turning it around at Boro

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Totally unnecessary, but if it makes you feel smart ................. :shrug:

Respectfully, you're making a big projection there.

I merely quoted what was said word for word at half-time by the reporter on Final Score. No personal opinion was expressed.

With Connolly making his debut, I thought it might be useful to update a thread regarding an Albion player who's out on loan.

You may disagree, but I don't think it's "totally unnecessary" to talk about Albion footballers on a Albion football forum.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
....or.... if it's a true reflection of the events.

Which it wasn't. The BBC said no such thing. The online match commentary recorded him having one shot saved and a couple of shots just before half time that were very close.

Edit: The comments were made - verbally, which I hadn't heard (just going on the website info).

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Respectfully, you're making a big projection there.

I merely quoted what was said word for word at half-time by the reporter on Final Score. No personal opinion was expressed.

With Connolly making his debut, I thought it might be useful to update a thread regarding an Albion player who's out on loan.

You may disagree, but I don't think it's "totally unnecessary" to talk about Albion footballers on a Albion football forum.

Apologies then - I didn't hear that - I was only going on what was written. Of course it's of interest to discuss our loanees progress - just not to make snide remarks, which (bearing in mind a lot of what passes for 'comment' on Connolly at times) I wrongly assumed was the basis of your post.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Apologies then - I didn't hear that - I was only going on what was written. Of course it's of interest to discuss our loanees progress - just not to make snide remarks, which (bearing in mind a lot of what passes for 'comment' on Connolly at times) I wrongly assumed was the basis of your post.

No worries, GT. We're good.

For the record, of course I hope that the loan move is successful for all concerned, as much for Aaron as for us.

I was a bit surprised to hear the spoken comments (hence the quote), but it's reassuring to see from the written live text updates that it doesn't seem to be quite as bad as what the Final Score reporter suggested.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
This has all the makings of a nightmare for the lad. Not really a surprise though sadly

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He’ll come good with game time imo. He’s getting in the right places but his confidence is clearly shot. I am not writing him off turning it around at Boro
I really hope you're right.
There is a player there as he showed in U23 and, rarely, in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here