Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 8pm (9pm local time) on a Sunday night is a RUBBISH time for a major European final to kick off

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
It’s what we do best :)

(Other than moaning about other people moaning, obvs).
BOTH essential, where’s the fun in happy clapping?

I expect to keep my moaning powder dry until the announcement of the team which I reckon I already know as Southgate is predictable in every way.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
But it's not good for anyone. Middle aged ,old- too late for a Sunday.
Kids- can't really stay up that late on a Sunday
teenagers/young adults- will have to ring in with "COVID/ stomach bug" in the morning and their boss buys it.
Their boss will probably have the same problem to be fair.

Annoyingly, I am actually feeling under the weather now, so if it gets worse and I have to call in sick nobody will believe me.:lolol:

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
Their boss will probably have the same problem to be fair.

Annoyingly, I am actually feeling under the weather now, so if it gets worse and I have to call in sick nobody will believe me.:lolol:
Yeah, yeah of course you are, how very convenient, I wouldn’t and don’t believe you :wink:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It that was in any way applicable and without an exception? Does anyone think Spain would sub him off, possibly with more energy than other outfied players due his age, rather than pay a measly 30k with a potential euro trophy 30mins away.

The Spain fans in stadium could have a whip round and raise that in 5 mins!
True. 👍

Very naive on my part. I always seem to fall into the trap of wishful thinking that the law prevents criminal behaviour :wrong:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Can’t help feeling 5pm would have been so much better. UEFA really are a bunch of bellends at times.

“Grrrrrrr” doesn’t even really begin to cover it
I totally agree, 5pm Saturday, i’ve got to drive early Monday morning so won’t be enjoying and cold beers and will no doubt still be up at 11pm watching penalties

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
It is madness.
Shut Up…this comment’s an Embarrassment, you’ll give yourself a Cardiac Arrest. If you’re gonna be out too late stay in a Bed n Breakfast, man. You could even stay at Our House if it came to it, although I’ll probably be late myself as I’m going to a mates but I will be Driving In My Car……….and so on

[sorry, I’ll get my coat]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can’t help feeling 5pm would have been so much better. UEFA really are a bunch of bellends at times.

“Grrrrrrr” doesn’t even really begin to cover it
Agreed….young grandson will probably be only allowed to watch first half ….then again I’m going to see the granddaughter in a show this afternoon, that doesn’t finish until after 6pm….thanks EUFA for 8pm

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ridiculous... however worse in Europe. 9pm kick off WTF.
But in parts of Europe they tend to go out later than us anyway. When I lived in Holland, their Happy Hour in the pubs designed to get people out 'early' was 8pm or even 9pm- absolutely perfect for us!

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Euros and World Cup finals have been on Sundays since the 70s at least. And European finals have been at 8pm BST for decades. The Wembley final was 8pm Sunday.
Might be ridiculous but we’ve probably never worried about it that much cos it’s never really been our concern.
Euro ‘92 wasn’t.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seriously pissed off now. Was due to be wfh tomorrow but boss called me yesterday to say I am needed in the office now 🤬

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Stupid time, but the Mrs will have sloped off so I can enjoy the second half plus extra time and penalties in peace, or possibly tape and watch tomorrow avoiding news stuff and blessed are the toolmakers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here