Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

80 in a 70.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In Arsgas the other day it said they caught 600 in a day, so they are trying to improve their record. So yes. :eek:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Where were the bar stewards? I'm heading down there soon

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In Arsgas the other day it said they caught 600 in a day, so they are trying to improve their record. So yes. :eek:

Building up a nice pot for their overtime pay?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No, I very much doubt it, a hell of a lot of people do 80 down there. The ones on the a23 are usually just the ones where they chase you if they want you, aren't they?

Very worried if people don't know the speed limit!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You might get away with it, usually your speedo shows a bit faster then you're really going so if yours was dead on 80 you might clock 75ish on the radar.

I got done by one of those on the A14 near cambridge and when I saw the van on the bridge my speedo said 90. The letter from the OB said I was doing 84.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I just got a "notice of prosecution" for doing 61mph in a 50mph area ON THE MOTORWAY. Didn't slow down quick enough seemingly but would have thought the usual automatic fine and points would suffice

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
You've posted on NSC that you've just passed a speed camera doing 80 mph.

Anyone else think there might be another issue here that could get police attention?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I just killed a child when speeding in a restricted area, but that will be OK wont it, cause everyone speeds dont they.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I believe the police allow for speed limit +10%, So on a 70 limit they would prosecute for 77 or above.

Im sure there will be someone ITK than me who can confirm/correct me.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I've recently attended a speed awareness course and one of my fellow attendees has been doing 79 on the A23. You may get lucky though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could have been one of those automatic numberplate recognition things out to catch cars without MOT and Tax rather than a mobile speed trap....if you were lucky

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I believe the police allow for speed limit +10%, So on a 70 limit they would prosecute for 77 or above.

Im sure there will be someone ITK than me who can confirm/correct me.

I was always lead to believe there is 10% leeway when it comes to speed limits too.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
No, I very much doubt it, a hell of a lot of people do 80 down there. The ones on the a23 are usually just the ones where they chase you if they want you, aren't they?

Very worried if people don't know the speed limit!

My mate went through a mobile on top of the bridge by the pyecombe doing 80 and he got done. But as stated sometimes they are out to catch the no insurance, or MOT.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The ACPO guidelines used to be 10% + 3 mph, so 36, 47, 58, 69 & 80 respectively. However, speeding is an offence of "strict liability" so 71 in a 70 is an offence and you could be prosecuted.
In my experience, I've not seen anyone prosecuted for less than 36 in a 30. Given that speedos always read over, an indicated 80 is likely to be around 75-76 so I'd think you'll be ok.
If, however, you do get a ticket, don't do what one bloke did, turn up at court and say "not guilty because a bloke on the internet said I can't be done for doing less than 40 in a 30"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here