Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5live now - Albion discussion just started

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No way was that going to happen this summer………. Next summer ?

No. Potter is intelligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Funnily enough Spurs could really do with a coach like Potter but the fact that they do seem to be all over the place might be the reason he doesn't want it.

We need to keep in mind that at the end of 2020 we'd won just one home game in the calendar year and had just been on a very poor run, drawing at home to 10 man Sheffield United. For many, including me, this was the last straw and many veered towards Potter Out.

Rather than the last straw for him as a coach, though, it became the turning point, the time and moment that momentum shifted towards results from potential. I got my judgement of him wrong as did many others.

But Spurs have a bigger and more entitled fan base. For every one of me demanding we improve on 16th and win the odd easy home game they will have 10 demanding trophies and a guaranteed top 4 finish.

Failure to deliver that could see him join the ranks of the jettisoned and they are in such a state right now I reckon he'd need a season just to stop the rot before even looking at a rebuild.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I certainly can't see him going to Spurs. He's said many times in interviews that he wouldn't stand in the way of players wanting to move on. I certainly can't see him moving to a club that has said that no matter how unhappy a player is, if they've signed a contract then he has to stay. That approach will anathema to Potter.

And Arsenal is in a mess: three managers in the last two years and seemingly no strategy in recruitment. I can't see him going there either.

The job I'm worried about is City. Pep has sung his praises several times and we already know that he's leaving. Potter may well be Guardiola's recommendation, in the same way that Taggart recommended Moyes.

On the one hand you say he wouldn’t go to Spurs for reasons of principle, and yet you suggest he’d sign up for an ethically dubious ownership such as City’s. The only two clubs that worry me are the North London duo, for me the only realistic pair, which is why I’ll be wishing them both success under their current managers through very gritted teeth. For me the England talk is beyond laughable.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

There is very little doubt that GP is a good coach. He would have to convince his future bosses that time is always needed. I see your point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here