Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** 2nd Test - India v England **

larus

Great stuff. Cook really is a tremendous player.

I said to an ex work colleague many years ago that Cook would be an outstanding player for England. This was soon after he scored the double hundred against the touring Aussie team (I guess it was 2005?). Needless to say, I am well chuffed that my eye for talent wasn't wrong.

Enjoy it while he's around; players like him don't come around too often. I'd have him over KP any day of the week; KP is too hit or miss (and yes I do think KP has amazing ability. just lacks to ability to apply it properly).

I'm very confident that Cook's record, when he eventually retires, will be up there will many of the worlds great players. He hasn't the flamboyance of some, but there is that inner belief/will to succeed.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Big knock from KP this one. Fair play, he's back in and firing.

STILL AN ARROGANT PRICK THO

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
298-4 at lunch.

Cook 122
KP 138 no
Bairstow out last ball before lunch for 9.

But should he have been given out ? tbf i did not know the rule about if the ball touches a fielders helmet on the way to completing a catch the batsmen should not be given out , but the umpires should as should of bairstow , Atherton seems to think India were asked after a review at lunch if they wanted to reinstate Bairstow , they obviously did not want to and rightly so as is down to the umpires to decide this , very strange all round

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pietersen out - magnificent innings

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
But should he have been given out ? tbf i did not know the rule about if the ball touches a fielders helmet on the way to completing a catch the batsmen should not be given out , but the umpires should as should of bairstow , Atherton seems to think India were asked after a review at lunch if they wanted to reinstate Bairstow , they obviously did not want to and rightly so as is down to the umpires to decide this , very strange all round

I was not aware of that rule either, but no, he should not have been out, but as they are not reviewing anything in this game, then that is fine by me - go with the umpires decision. Seems odd that they would ask India if they want to reinstate him though - the umpires should stick with their decision. This used to happen all the time before reviews came in - the batsman was out no matter what the tv said.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
KP - brilliant. His positivity enables others not to be under pressure. Great to see an 'Englishman' go after them like that!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Prior run out

406/7

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Broad out now

79 lead

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Monty for the MOTM award over KP ?..... if he takes another 5for and we win its down to him surely ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here