Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I found them all pretty dull and drawn out. Would have made a good movie, but an hour a week for half a year, dull dull dull

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
There is going to be a 5th series. Starts in the US on Jan 15th, but probably won't get over to Sky for some time.

Still there is always downloading...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I watched seasons one and two over the course of a couple of weekends and thought they were great.

What's season three like? I heard it was rubbish??

Just watching the final hour now on TV of the 4th season...it has been a ball tearer, the best one of the lot IMHO...typing during an ad break, only 30 mins to go

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I love it, it keeps me gripped, get the DVDs out from the video shop and watch one episode, then another and another then its suddenly 3 am and i have exhausted all the DVDs for the week. Great TV.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Dale Jasper said:
I watched seasons one and two over the course of a couple of weekends and thought they were great.

What's season three like? I heard it was rubbish??

The 3rd series is a touch slow to start with, but by the 5th episode or so, it is bloody good. The second half of the series is top draw.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Superphil said:
I found them all pretty dull and drawn out. Would have made a good movie, but an hour a week for half a year, dull dull dull

Dull! Are you mad!

Possibly the best, most tense television i have ever seen. It gets a bit far fetched at times, but you can live with that. It's a constant white knuckle ride.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats it about then ?

I must admit, I cannot abide watching any hour-long programmes on Sky One, because about 25 minutes of it is adverts. I am now, however, the proud owner of a Sky+ unit, which means I can happily skip the insufferable ad-breaks and nauseating, endlessly repeating trailers and get on down to actually watching ther programmes they show.

Is 24 worth getting into ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Easy 10 said:
Whats it about then ?

I must admit, I cannot abide watching any hour-long programmes on Sky One, because about 25 minutes of it is adverts. I am now, however, the proud owner of a Sky+ unit, which means I can happily skip the insufferable ad-breaks and nauseating, endlessly repeating trailers and get on down to actually watching ther programmes they show.

I'm no bench mark but it's the best series i've evr seen, I canot put the dvds back and go to bed, I was up till 3am last night and if you get the dvd's, mine i pirate no advert breaks, the big question i ask myself is why i didnt watch it when it was out on tv

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Jimmy Saville said:
Dull! Are you mad!

Possibly the best, most tense television i have ever seen. It gets a bit far fetched at times, but you can live with that. It's a constant white knuckle ride.
totaly agree my heart is racing from start to finnish, i dont think i could watch it once a week it would do my head in. Defo better than prime suspect imho

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
Whats it about then ?

Damn right. I'm with you though about the ad breaks. Series 1 and 2 were on BBC2 (with out breaks naturally), and they were sound. Series 3 and 4 I have watched from a mate who downloads them when they are shown in the US. Can't stand the ad's. Don't get me started on the films they show on the BBC and ITV with a break for the news.

24 is well worth getting into. Trust me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
McShane78 said:
Don't get me started on the films they show on the BBC and ITV with a break for the news.
Did you see one night last week ITV showed a film that started at 9pm and didn't finish till 12.20am cos of a break for the news and the ads ? Can't remember what film it was, but it was a goodun, obviously totally ruined by the scheduling.

Tch, what was it. Its annoying me now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here