Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2022/23 Relegation Thread

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It feels there are a hell of a lot of teams who will desperately hoping / aiming for 17th this coming season.
I think we’ll be above them but can’t see us bettering our 9th place of last season.

My forecast is
Everton (no evidence to suggest last season was a one off and losing Richarlison makes them weaker)
Forest (too many loan players last season leading to a squad overhaul this season is high risk)
Bournemouth (meh)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just seen on PP that Man Ure are shorter than us to go.

Droptastic stuff.

Screenshot_20220822-150054~2.png

Made my day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It feels there are a hell of a lot of teams who will desperately hoping / aiming for 17th this coming season.
I think we’ll be above them but can’t see us bettering our 9th place of last season.

My forecast is
Everton (no evidence to suggest last season was a one off and losing Richarlison makes them weaker)
Forest (too many loan players last season leading to a squad overhaul this season is high risk)
Bournemouth (meh)

Everton will be going down unless something dramatic happens in the last part of the window.

Where are they going to score goals from?

Gordon/Gray/Townsend May chip in a few

Rondon is shite
DCL wants off and is alway injured.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they struggled to get to 20 PL goals.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everton will be going down unless something dramatic happens in the last part of the window.

Rondon is shite

Would be sweet.

But they'll spend in the next few days and scrape home in a glorious 17th with some fluky late draws next April/May.

Cue: Pitch invasion, celebrating 28 years without a trophy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Rondon is shite

They are 2/1 to go down, which is generous IMO as they're absolute gash.

I still chuckle to myself at the fact they've bought Dele Alli. Literally everybody else knows Alli is crap but Everton had to sign him and pay his wages to find out, and are now lumbered with him for two and a half years. :lolol: There is no way Beskitas will actually buy him when they see how bad he is. That Alli signing is just textbook Everton. I'm amazed Pickford hasn't put in a transfer request yet.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Watching west ham yesterday I would be a bit concerned if I supported them.
Bournemouth looked terrible against Arsenal but they beat Villa who also look shite ATM.

Hard to call this season but there could well be a surprise or 2.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
There will be two or three of the teams who start shite who get a new manager and improve (like Newcastle last year and Palace many many times).

There will also be a team who starts well and drops like a stone (Everton last year and... us the year that we barely fended off Cardiff).

Too early to tell who will be who, but Bournemouth look crap and Everton look to be in a mess structurally moreso than through bad management.

I'd fancy Villa to be the team that rises up in the second half of the season with a new manager, and Leeds to be the one to drop when their energy levels flag and Marsch gets found out. As much as its funny to see Man U in dire straights, we all know they'll be nowhere near the drop.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I still chuckle to myself at the fact they've bought Dele Alli. Literally everybody else knows Alli is crap but Everton had to sign him and pay his wages to find out, and are now lumbered with him for two and a half years. :lolol: There is no way Beskitas will actually buy him when they see how bad he is. That Alli signing is just textbook Everton. I'm amazed Pickford hasn't put in a transfer request yet.

He’s finished, I put the blame on Mopo mainly.

It’s amusing to think of the shit Jose got for saying he’s done.

I thought if there was one manager that could have managed him it was Lampard, the best goal scoring midfielder in the PL.

Pickford refused a new deal a few weeks ago.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
According to that West Ham fan we are 'Beach', which must be worrying because that's way far too early to be deckchairing it! Potter out!

TNBA

TTF

I am amazed that fans who appear so passionate about their team seem to have zero knowledge of what the recent history between their club and opponents is. I can understand City fans being a bit incredulous when we beat them, lets face it , we all were. But West Ham? ? It is 11 Prem League games on the trot. home and away. Even if they were top of the league, on a great run and playing great football, no one would be surprised if we got at least a point. For anyone to be in the least surprised about Sundays result is much more surprising than the result

My mate is a Arsenal fan, one of those who when they scrape by a lower league team declares that Arsenal are back, gonna win the league, etc etc and even he dreads the Brighton games, and they have a decent record against us.

Where do these bell ends come from- have they absolutely no understanding of the actual past 20 games their club have played, and only remeber the games they have won?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Walcott
Delph
Siguurdsson
Schneiderlin
And dozens of others over 6 years and £500m in fees.

The go-to destination for a final huge contract.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/21-22/news/41231.html

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I am amazed that fans who appear so passionate about their team seem to have zero knowledge of what the recent history between their club and opponents is. I can understand City fans being a bit incredulous when we beat them, lets face it , we all were. But West Ham? ? It is 11 Prem League games on the trot. home and away. Even if they were top of the league, on a great run and playing great football, no one would be surprised if we got at least a point. For anyone to be in the least surprised about Sundays result is much more surprising than the result

My mate is a Arsenal fan, one of those who when they scrape by a lower league team declares that Arsenal are back, gonna win the league, etc etc and even he dreads the Brighton games, and they have a decent record against us.

Where do these bell ends come from- have they absolutely no understanding of the actual past 20 games their club have played, and only remeber the games they have won?

I agree with much of your post but have to call out the Arsenal point. For a top six club their record against us in the PL dreadful. We have won 4, they have won 3 and there’s been 3 draws. We own them.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Odds might start to tumble if/when he goes...

Currently 50/1.

Yoda

English & European
How's everyone's predictions going?

Personally, got Southampton bang on, still hoping on Leeds and got Bournemouth massively wrong (Hats off to Gary O'Neil)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here