Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 shots , 9 on target

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From their local paper

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony blasted his team after last night’s (November 6) last-gasp defeat at Brighton.

Posh were on the back foot for virtually the entire 90 minutes before succumbing to a 93rd minute goal from Brighton substitute Stephen Dobbie.

But MacAnthony wasn’t interested in a gutsy defensive display. He railed against his side’s negativity against a Brighton team that hadn’t won for the previous seven matches.

MacAnthony has the Posh matches broadcast live to his Florida home. He let off steam on his Twitter account saying: “Some words to describe that and my day in general: ‘pathetic, boring, negative, lacklustre, irritating. (I’m) not a happy man after that.

“Brighton haven’t had the best home form and would have been nervous. We have enough offensively to hurt anyone.

“It would have been a travesty if Brighton hadn’t won as they played to win! (We) gave them too much respect. After our home wins that baffles me.”

there approach baffled me too..there known as a goal scoring side and yet came out in the 2nd half with an even more defensive lineup that they did the first

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Peterborough survived the first half without conceding , not surprising they played the 2nd half in the hope of it ending 0-0.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Actual stats were

32 shots

6 on target
13 off target
13 blocked by defenders

We must have the highest number of blocked shots in this division. When will WE get some lucky deflected goals? (I know CMS scored one against Leeds).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Orlandi's strike that hit the post was quality. Beautiful tekkers.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Only a matter of time before we really click and get the goals flowing.

How did Dunk play? Great to see him back in a first team starting shirt.

Onwards and upwards.

TNBA

TTF

going on stats alone this seems to be the case.

We've shored up the defence/gk situation, of that there is no doubt.

We're creating chances too.

We may even get someone in to improve on what we have up front as we did with our back 5.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I really don't get why people are moaning when we totally dominated a game and the won it.
Last season against Forest i came away feeling pretty gutted even though we had just won 3 points with a late goal,after being outplayed for 89 minutes.last night was totally different and mainly just relief after getting the goal our dominance deserved.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many corners did we have last night? I lost count.

Mind you, going back to the days of Mullery's short corners, we have never been much cop at corners. We seem to score from one a season.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
going on stats alone this seems to be the case.

We've shored up the defence/gk situation, of that there is no doubt.

We're creating chances too.

We may even get someone in to improve on what we have up front as we did with our back 5.

Good points there. I must say that I feel this season we will get a few of the Barnsley type 5-1s and none of the West Ham 0-6s.

As someone else in this thread stated, we have more depth this season and it really does show.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here