Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 shots , 9 on target

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A couple of wayward passes but did ok.
Sure you weren't watching Greer? Not sure what he was on in the first half, but thankfully he gave it up.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Sure you weren't watching Greer? Not sure what he was on in the first half, but thankfully he gave it up.

no, i said a couple of wayward passes. had i been talking about greer i woulda said misplaced most passes especially 1st half. What was his remit tonight???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
no, i said a couple of wayward passes. had i been talking about greer i woulda said misplaced most passes especially 1st half. What was his remit tonight???
Not sure, he tried 1 long through-ball that didn't work (fair enough) and two long balls to Bridge which were a) pointless, and b) lost us possession. Take risks on balls advancing play, sure, but he could have easily passed it to Dunk and then on to Bridge both times. Who knows what they'd been doing in training.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
El Abd and Bridcutt out and the team doesn't seem to be effected at all, strength in depth will work in our favour this season.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
El Abd and Bridcutt out and the team doesn't seem to be affected at all, strength in depth will work in our favour this season.
Best squad ever, FACT.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunk did ok and played himself out of trouble quite well at one point. We did miss Bridcutt very much and will be pleased to see him back in the squad on Saturday.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bridcutt was a huge miss starting our play, his touch and ability in a tight areas in an over crowded midfield was sorely missed.
Thats why our play is always wide. Without a vicente in the midfield of the pitch who can operate in those areas getting the ball wide is always the best way.

I thought Dunk was excellent with the ball. He moves it so much quicker than El-Abd.
Defensively was rarely tested though, I would still bring El-Abd back in if fully fit, escpecially for an away fixture.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Only a matter of time before we really click and get the goals flowing.

How did Dunk play? Great to see him back in a first team starting shirt.

Onwards and upwards.

TNBA

TTF

Despite all the doom merchants, this is how I feel. In the recent run of draws / defeats our pertformances (Blackpool aside) deserved more points. I would have been more worried had we been outplayed for the majority of those games, fact is we weren't.

Get Dobbie in the side and I think we will score more.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
From their local paper

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony blasted his team after last night’s (November 6) last-gasp defeat at Brighton.

Posh were on the back foot for virtually the entire 90 minutes before succumbing to a 93rd minute goal from Brighton substitute Stephen Dobbie.

But MacAnthony wasn’t interested in a gutsy defensive display. He railed against his side’s negativity against a Brighton team that hadn’t won for the previous seven matches.

MacAnthony has the Posh matches broadcast live to his Florida home. He let off steam on his Twitter account saying: “Some words to describe that and my day in general: ‘pathetic, boring, negative, lacklustre, irritating. (I’m) not a happy man after that.

“Brighton haven’t had the best home form and would have been nervous. We have enough offensively to hurt anyone.

“It would have been a travesty if Brighton hadn’t won as they played to win! (We) gave them too much respect. After our home wins that baffles me.”

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
9 on target sounds about right as I can think of quite a few the keeper palmed away. We must have had the most goal attempts out of any Championship side this season. A bit different to last year when we has the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here