Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

141st Open Championship

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Would that be the same Westwood who has been in contention in almost every major for the last five years? Granted he hasn't won one but he nearly always gives you a run for your money and each way backers i'm sure would be up....I agree with Donald in the majors though.

No, it's the Westwood that's been telling everyone that for the last month he can't hit the ball where he's aiming it !!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
An interesting day two in store. Nobody has ruled themselves out as yet, really. The course looks wonderful, but I wouldn't fancy trying to get out of some of those bunkers. I hope Michelson has a better day, and Donald pushes on, but I think Tiger will move up the board.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Following rain overnight, R&A chief Peter Dawson urges spectators to delay their travel to Royal Lytham & St Annes slightly to allow time for conditions to improve.

"We've had far more rain overnight than forecast, about 11mm but the course can take it. There is some casual water on the fairways and in some bunkers but the rules of golf will cater for that. The conditions for spectators are not so good. If people would consider delaying for an hour or two that would help, but all are welcome."

WTF is CASUAL water? Is it just chilling out not giving shit about anything?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Following rain overnight, R&A chief Peter Dawson urges spectators to delay their travel to Royal Lytham & St Annes slightly to allow time for conditions to improve.

"We've had far more rain overnight than forecast, about 11mm but the course can take it. There is some casual water on the fairways and in some bunkers but the rules of golf will cater for that. The conditions for spectators are not so good. If people would consider delaying for an hour or two that would help, but all are welcome."

Yup lazy water, as oppsed to that urgent stuff you see rushing about.

In golfing term, it's acutally rain lying on the surface, as opposed to deliberate water hazards, lakes & ditches etc.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

For Casual read "temporary" and therefore not a part of the course - and so from which you can take a free drop if required.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
19-22 July Lytham & St Annes Golf Club.

Looking forward to this already. Who do we fancy to do well?

For me, shall have small each way bets on the following:

Westy 16-1
Kouchar 50-1
Mickleson 33-1
Mahan 40-1
Snedeker 175-1
Baddeley - 175-1

Looking rather tasty.....long way to go though

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
For Casual read "temporary" and therefore not a part of the course - and so from which you can take a free drop if required.

Well that's a bit a dull, I prefer my definition.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Halfway stage, and the cut has been made. It's moving day, but I suspect the winner is already in the top 10. Monty predicted last night it would be Scott or Tiger and that's a good shout methinks, but don't rule out Kuchar or Dufner. The only Brit with a realistic shout is G-Mac.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Sundays weather will make the final day very interesting!! this is probably the best golf tournament in the golfing calendar with the exception of the Ryder Cup In my opinion.

The weather and course conditions make every day so differant, I really can't wait for this weekends golf to begin, it will consist of me a nice big widescreen telly and quite a few cans!! oh and a good wife who will deliver me food when i need it :)

Bring it on!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here