Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 Angry Men (1957)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I saw Hitchcock's 'Rear Window' last month, that was enthralling and very enjoyable too.

TNBA

TTF
Another fabulous film. I've got a fair sized collection of Hitch films - absolutely brilliant director. It's makes me laugh when people talk about cinematic masterpieces made in the past few years, as Hitchcock was making films every bit as enjoyable with a fraction of the assistance modern technology gives modern film makers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It pissed me off that the murderous swine got away with it.
Wooly liberals again.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's a genuine masterpiece.

All the acting's brilliant, and the direction is completely unflashy but keeps you involved the whole time

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Actually - just remembering - wasn't QUINCY in it too?

quincy6.jpg

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Never seen it, however, I know my mum raves about it. I do really want to see it, however I remember another class watched it, they said, and I quote: "The most boring film ever made..."

:ffsparr:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
12 Angry Men one of my top ten films of all time, I first saw it when i was about 13 one hot friday nite on the beeb and it was even more enthralling cos as it was so humid during some scenes in the film and so hot when i was watching it you could feel the stifling, unique atmosphere all the more.

The acting is just incredible for a mid 50s film and as you say Lee J Cobbs performance was unbelievable, but all of them are so well cast, henry fonda, a young jack klugman, etc, the film is a perfect example of showing how individual`s jobs, lives, race and upbringing affect their opinions and prejudices in a jury setting. But the film is more than that because it shows just about every human emotion and character traits, tension, anger, prejudice, jealousy, class systems, humour, argument, impatience, all rolled into one.

Got it on DVD and will dig it out and watch it again soon im sure. To me, the sort of film you can never remake.

rear window is another stellar film too, the camerawork, the script, the tension, brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here