Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zutons tour dates announced

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I dont think it is anywhere near enough for an owning. Not considering the work my previous ownees went through to mock up fake pictures of me as Mickey Pearce from Only Fools and Horses.

MY issue with bands hitting the mainstream is not that they suddenly become not COOL but that I like music as a package, not just the sound.

Once bands cross over to popular culture etc their lyrics cannot mean the same thing because often they have become exactly the thing they were bemoaning.

The Ordinary Boys are a prime example of this. They slagged off 'over the counter culture' but are now on the Bizarra pages of The Sun every day and selling CDs because Preston was on Big Brother. Therefore, they stop being the band they were when I started liking them.

Also, once a song is played on every radio play list it becomes boring and I lose interest in it purely because by the 20 th play you are sick of hearing it.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Can you not still like 'Over the Counter Culture' for the album it is, made by the band that they were at that time, even though they have now turned into something else?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Highfields Seagull said:
Can you not still like 'Over the Counter Culture' for the album it is, made by the band that they were at that time, even though they have now turned into something else?

Like Definately Maybe? I bet he still LOVES that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here