Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zombie films anyone?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Are there another zombie film fans on here. I must admit I'm a bit of a zombie nut. I love Romero but controversially I think the Dawn of the dead remake by zack shnyder was better than the original.
I also love the walking dead series and I even do the zombie walk in Brighton every Halloween.
You can reply, I won't bite.
MUCH

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Recently saw Dead Snow, a norwegian film about Nazi Zombies what is not to like about that. Genius!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i do like my zombie films too. such a shame that romero forgot how to make films when he did his latest dead films. thought they were shit imo. agree about remake of dawn of the dead, loved it .

you may wanna try le horde a french zombie flick. french drug dealers taking down loads of zombies with a gatling gun..... im all over that!

just acquired a film called the dead. set in africa and looks a bit resident evil 5 with slow zombies . looks a bit cheaply made but has some decent reviews.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rowley, what's your opinion on the new superfast Zombies? In the old days they just used to walk around slowly with outstretched arms and you'd only get killed if they cornered you or you stood there screaming. Recently thought I've seen some zombie stuff where the zombies can run as fast, or faster, than the humans. Don't you think that's a bit unsporting? The general zombie rule is they have the advantage of numbers but the humans have speed and cognitive thought on their side.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Your right about Romero, diary and survival of the dead was poop but his comeback land of the dead had some good ideas. Really want to watch le Horde, it looks great. I recommend the British film Colin, a micro budget film, but it won a few awards. Also Rec 1 and 2 are good but steer clear of the Yank version quarantine.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
ill look into colin , sounds interesting . agree about rec 1 and 2 , very good. diary and survival of the dead depressed me so much i havent even thought about land of the dead

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
actually i just checked imdb , i have seen land of the dead and thought that was shit too... bugger

got some others for you ...planet terror and deadgirl is meant to be good.

..theyre coming to get you barbara!! love that line

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Rowley, what's your opinion on the new superfast Zombies? In the old days they just used to walk around slowly with outstretched arms and you'd only get killed if they cornered you or you stood there screaming. Recently thought I've seen some zombie stuff where the zombies can run as fast, or faster, than the humans. Don't you think that's a bit unsporting? The general zombie rule is they have the advantage of numbers but the humans have speed and cognitive thought on their side.

I kind of like the fast zombies, they'd be more of a challenge than the shufflers if the the real zombie holocaust kicked off. As sad as it sounds, I was boarding the loft recently and standing back admiring my handywork I thought how secure it would be when the undead attacked.
I'm not obsessed honestly :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I kind of like the fast zombies, they'd be more of a challenge than the shufflers if the the real zombie holocaust kicked off. As sad as it sounds, I was boarding the loft recently and standing back admiring my handywork I thought how secure it would be when the undead attacked.
I'm not obsessed honestly :)
Hmm. It might be secure, but once zombies know you're there they tend to keep attacking until they get through. My guess is some will try and get through your loft floor, but others will get up on the roof, rip off the tiles and get you that way. You'll be looking at the floor, admiring your handiwork when all of a sudden there will be the sound of crashing masonry and you'll hear that dread "Urrrrrrr" noise behind you .....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
for me, althought not technically "zombies", 28 days/weeks later I think are fantastic. Whoever had the idea to make the zombies run was onto a winner there...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Zombies should NOT be able to run...ever. It goes against the science of decomposition and the whole theory that these are undead humans whose brain activity is so deminished they can only act on instinct and basic survival.

Otherwise they may as well jog around and have a little chat with each other too. Maybe the more entrepreneuring among them could start little businesses selling prepacked brains to the undead masses.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Hmm. It might be secure, but once zombies know you're there they tend to keep attacking until they get through. My guess is some will try and get through your loft floor, but others will get up on the roof, rip off the tiles and get you that way. You'll be looking at the floor, admiring your handiwork when all of a sudden there will be the sound of crashing masonry and you'll hear that dread "Urrrrrrr" noise behind you .....

Oh, so now zombies can climb too can they?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
This was a good 'un. War-hardened mercenaries take on nazi supermen zombies in a bleak winter underground bunker.

What's not to like?

Outpost.jpg

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Zombies should NOT be able to run...ever. It goes against the science of decomposition and the whole theory that these are undead humans whose brain activity is so deminished they can only act on instinct and basic survival.

Otherwise they may as well jog around and have a little chat with each other too. Maybe the more entrepreneuring among them could start little businesses selling prepacked brains to the undead masses.

L.o.l :)

I think the whole genre has moved toward it being a more viral thing, rage virus ect rather than the old, breaking out of caskets.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
actually i just checked imdb , i have seen land of the dead and thought that was shit too... bugger

got some others for you ...planet terror and deadgirl is meant to be good.

..theyre coming to get you barbara!! love that line

Planet terror was great, but the award for worst zombie film goes to the re make of day of the dead. Saw it on I.t.v 4 recently (the channel about says it all) utter utter gash.
The walking dead series is amazing and can't wait for the brad Pitt film world war z based on the Max brooks book.
Zombie fans or not I seriously recommend that book, seriously good read.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh, so now zombies can climb too can they?
Well, to an extent, we've all seen them crawling over each other in their instinctive desire for human flesh. What I'm guessing they'll do is climb up on top of each other to form a big heap and eventually the topmost zombies will be able to climb on the roof. Rather embarrassingly when they finally rip off Rowley's head and devour his innards his wife will be left with a massive great pile of the undead outside their bedroom window.

And it's no good leaving them by the bin 'cos the dustmen won't touch 'em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here