Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zolpidem ?

DanielT

I was on a low dose of Zopiclone recently for a bout of insomnia. That worked a treat, have you tried that?

that's what they are, zopiclone is the generic name for them. I take them and have no problems, but I haven't had more than a glass of wine with them though. I usually take one an hour before I want to be asleep, as you'll feel it kicking in and will get fairly drowsy (surprisingly!)

Don't take if you need to get up within 8 hours though, as you'll easily fall back to sleep. But they don't leave you feel hungover if you have a full night's sleep.

The 7mg is easy to break in half if you want, that'll make them last longer than the 14 day supply the doc should have given you.

Up to you, but as with most things, treat them with care and it'll be OK. You'll see more people acting nutty after a few beers than you will after a zopiclone

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Ah yeah I've took zopiclon loads of times, they ain't bad.. Give me an awful metallic taste in my mouth though.
I don't think zopiclon & zolpidem are the same thing by the way, he gave me a few choices and mentioned these separately & they certainly don't look the same.
They are not really keen on giving me temazepam or diazepam as when I was younger and more foolish I abused them (among other things) but he did give me a 2 week supply of nitrazepam today so hopefully that'll do the trick

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
you see the time of my post and when it was light about 3.50am I went down stairs and made tea.
I think my insomnia is caused by some of the drugs I take for diabetes(metformin) it is a bugger particularly as there is some much shite on the TV at that time
Lol yeah that's one of the many good things about this forum, it's still pretty active at stupid hours when most people are asleep

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I got prescribed Zopiclone once and it sent me right bonkers. Noshed a couple and headed to bed but woke up some time later the next day to find the box was empty, I'd been shopping, ordered a pizza, booked a test drive in an Audi and polished off a litre of vodka. I only learned all this as the evidence was there staring me in the face, but I couldn't remember any of it.

More than anything I was just amazed that I'd apparently managed to get served alcohol whilst under the influence of this stuff. I was also annoyed at my subconscious spending my money without my knowledge

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I got prescribed Zopiclone once and it sent me right bonkers. Noshed a couple and headed to bed but woke up some time later the next day to find the box was empty, I'd been shopping, ordered a pizza, booked a test drive in an Audi and polished off a litre of vodka. I only learned all this as the evidence was there staring me in the face, but I couldn't remember any of it.

More than anything I was just amazed that I'd apparently managed to get served alcohol whilst under the influence of this stuff. I was also annoyed at my subconscious spending my money without my knowledge

Hahaha yeah zopiclon can be a fucker like that you were lucky you didn't keel over munching a whole box of them with vodka mate.
I don't mind them it's just the metal taste I hate after taking them

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You're bloody right. I'm certainly never gonna go near them again. Can't trust my subconscious.

For what it's worth I do find that the behind the counter Nytol can do a job now and again, as long as you don't get used to it. Two or three of the "one a night" stuff will usually help me nod off if needed. But not night after night, otherwise they lose their effectiveness as you build up a tolerance

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
You're bloody right. I'm certainly never gonna go near them again. Can't trust my subconscious.

For what it's worth I do find that the behind the counter Nytol can do a job now and again, as long as you don't get used to it. Two or three of the "one a night" stuff will usually help me nod off if needed. But not night after night, otherwise they lose their effectiveness as you build up a tolerance
Yeah that seems to be the problem with most stuff... Even prescription meds, still I think the nitrazepam should do the trick for a week or two

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
you see the time of my post and when it was light about 3.50am I went down stairs and made tea.
I think my insomnia is caused by some of the drugs I take for diabetes(metformin) it is a bugger particularly as there is some much shite on the TV at that time

Have a wank

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Go see a faith healer

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Doc gave me some today coz I can't sleep but watched a few videos on YouTube of people on them & read up a bit about them, they seem f***ing mental !!!
Didn't take any tonight as I bottled it after seeing some of the nutters on YouTube on them, just wondered if any of you have had any experience of them...... They also go by the name of ambien

My sleeping pattern is all over the place due to medication. Sleeping tablets have been pre-scribed to overcome this, but no way will I take them, eventually your body will sleep

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
My sleeping pattern is all over the place due to medication. Sleeping tablets have been pre-scribed to overcome this, but no way will I take them, eventually your body will sleep
What did they prescribe you mate ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here