Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zola- getting backed

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
That is one way, the other way is that the person who has an interview, tells people close to him and they pass on the info. Not seen anyone mention Chris Powell yet and his odds are coming down.
Also if you look at the betting Sherwood and Clarke's odds have not really gone out much and they remain favourites, which would infer they have been interviewed.
Clement and Garde odds have drifted, because they have distanced themselves from the job.
Bookies are more often right, and our manager will be one of the front runners at the bookies. We will know through the bookies before an announcement is made, as there will be a late flurry of bets on one person as word leaks out.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Zola gets a yes from me, flair, Championship experience, plays the game right and seems to be a decent sort - has a few useful contacts too.....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
i wasn't so impressed with the watford side that drew 1-1 with us at the amex. The side that beat us was full of loanees.

And not just any old bunch of mercenary loanees, those boys were all either on Udinese's or Granada's books and would've cost Watford a fortune if they had purchased them on the free market. Zola, for me, has yet to prove himself as a manager and would represent a significant risk if appointed.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'd be pleased just because he is an absolute GENT.

Get Calde in as Number 2 and we could just CHARM our way to victory.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Please god no.Done well with half a loan side, done nothing off his own bat.
Struggling to see why the fact that players were on loan makes a difference. We had several loan players, that didn't somehow make Oscar a bad coach.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Without mentioning any names, I do believe an NSC regular plucked an entirely random name out of the air last time the manager's job was up for grabs- and I mean really obscure, someone from overseas that none of us had ever heard of- and subtly threw it into the mix to see what would happen. Sure enough, within hours, that manager's name was listed amongst the betting odds online.

I'm not saying that there are any rumours with substance out there, but that the vast majority are complete horseshit, and that the betting is based on nothing more than a few cheeky punts and word spreading amongst groups of mates. I like Chris Powell, seems a nice guy and did a reasonable job at Charlton, but I'd be enormously surprised if he ended up here.

I think Hughton or Powell would be best suited to us as they have shown that they have dedication long term.

Oscar left when we failed in the transfer market and we cannot afford to get a manager who will lose patience with us.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
It won't be Zola and it won't be Clarke....So it irrelevant anyway.

If neither of these who do you think it is? I personally hope it isn't Hughton, he has a reputation for negative football, but by default of no one else seemingly wanting the job it could well be him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If neither of these who do you think it is? I personally hope it isn't Hughton, he has a reputation for negative football, but by default of no one else seemingly wanting the job it could well be him.

Who do I think it is??? Honestly I haven't got a scooby. I think Clarke will go to Celtic and I don't think Zola with his Poyet connections, would even be on Bloom's radar. I would like to see Sherwood/Ferdinand combo, I would also like to see Warnock come in and shake things up(but I can't see that happening either)...It wouldn't surprise me at all, to see someone come in that no one is expecting and blow everyone away..As to who that could be is anyone's guess..But I think it will be sooner rather than later(as in this week for sure)...If I had to guess, I think a Hoddle/Neville partnership would temp Bloom, if this would at all be possible.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not for me. Nice guy. Average manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here