Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Probably a lot to do with him being a just-turned 20 year old who is new to the team, country, language and level of the Premier League. It'd be a hell of a risk to throw him into a huge match like this before he's properly settled and confident in his role.

Also, I just noticed that he turned 20 yesterday. Probably on the lash last night.

Yeah, but he’s an international and it’s his favoured position, I think.
Obvs plenty of time for him to come good but I thought he would get first dibs in filling in for Solly

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Probably a lot to do with him being a just-turned 20 year old who is new to the team, country, language and level of the Premier League. It'd be a hell of a risk to throw him into a huge match like this before he's properly settled and confident in his role.

Also, I just noticed that he turned 20 yesterday. Probably on the lash last night.

I'd like to think he wasn't.

But yes off that he is not on the bench considering our dearth of defenders. Tau is blatantly not getting on

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Zeqiri has good pace and is naturally left footed. Not sure about his defensive capabilities but seems quite tall also. Can see Burn back in the team but we have the ability to shake it up a bit now with Zeqiri.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No fear , direct , and looks extremely hungry to do well , not too sure I'd be happy with him playing if that meant Gross had to play in defence, the amount of space Southampton had when we switched Veltman over was just ridiculous.

Luckily we got away with it as they didn't really exploit it .

I think he deserves to play a bit more, but next season maybe his time , good prospect that's clear to see .

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Again, the kid looks like he’s got potential. Quite a technical player, brave and works his bloody socks off. A good combination to have.

Would like to see him play more.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Yesterday i said he would score today , nearly did too . I like this lad he`s gonna be great for us in the last 10 games .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'd like to think he wasn't.

But yes off that he is not on the bench considering our dearth of defenders. Tau is blatantly not getting on

I’m with Potter on this one.
Tau doesn’t work hard enough.
Zequiri and Connolly over Tau, every time

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Suspect he might never have played that role in his life but he was impressive both going forward and covering back

And he was playing with some enjoyment and passion!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
his simple pass to Gross for his chance was actually very good.

If he failed to make that simple pass, he shouldn't be on the pitch! Basic stuff.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Played well, he reminds me of Kurt Nogan, stature and movement wise as well as looking a bit similar ... which might well prove a very, very good thing. He’s raw but his movement is very good, high energy too ... I’m sure he’s got goals in him too, being a left sided attacker and good on the ball - he’s developing quickly which (again) is hugely significant.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Played well, he reminds me of Kurt Nogan, stature and movement wise as well as looking a bit similar ... which might well prove a very, very good thing. He’s raw but his movement is very good, high energy too ... I’m sure he’s got goals in him too, being a left sided attacker and good on the ball - he’s developing quickly which (again) is hugely significant.

So, he'll come in and score a tonne of goals, then go through a spell where he misses everything and is sold on? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here