Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zamora

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Why would Reading want another striker? They've just got Les Ferdinand for the rest of this season, I think he is the cover for Kitson.

I think we saw his best days and I don't know if he'll ever do as well as he did for us between 99 and 02 again. If he did return it would be an admission of failure on his part. He left us because he wanted to become a big-time player and he's failed to do that. It would take a lot of humility to return to Withdean and admitting that he didn't make it. I think he has almost used up the reputation that he got when he played for us.

I'd prefer to remember him for those goals against Bury and Halifax, the hat trick he got in the 7-1 win over Chester, those quick free kicks vs Forest and Reading. If he came back we'd all expect to see that kind of stuff from him again, his confidence has been so shot up I don't know if we would. If he failed here then it would just tarnish all the goodwill that we have towards him.

I reckon he could be on his way to Stoke, another step down the ladder for him. I don't know if that would be a good move for him. Stoke fans would demand instant success from him based on the (presumably) large transfer fee and his reputation and Stoke fans can be VERY harsh on their own players. Pulis tactics really wouldn't suit him, all those high balls and emphasis on running and chasing the ball down.

It's a real shame to see a player that had so much promise slipping inexorably towards mediocraty.

That's a good post!

Bobby has moved on.......and so should we!

monstaofrock

May 28, 2004
Players Players

Cmon Mark Beeny was a legend at Leeds

John Byrne after he left United the first time

Oh yeah and Sidwell(wanker)

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
West Ham are in a pretty dire financial situation. If they don't go up this year to the premiership they could be in real big trouble as they have some huge loads to pay. Pardew said a few months back that money was getting really tight at Upton Park.

They will be looking to off load anyone who is a high wage earner and it is very likely Zamora and others will be off sometime soon to take the wage bill down. The sooner he goes the more money they will get for him and the more they will save in wages.

Don't think we will ever see him again in a Brighton shirt though. He would have to take a huge pay cut to come back down here.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Look Bobby coming back here will never happen, otherwise why would we be looking at signing MM from Millwall, we can't afford both, and i know who i would rather go for so, BZ back here is dead in the water:nono: :nono:

Well thats my thoughts anyway

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Eddie the Seagull said:

Kirk Nogan - arguably..

:p

Where did he go then? Somewhere where no-one has gone before???

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
How on earth could we afford Zamora, we cannot even afford to pay for Mark McGammon who is not half the player Zamora was

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
dave the gaffer said:
Can anyone think of a player apart from lawrenson and Michael Robinson who went on to better things when they left the Albion?

John Robinson maybe? gareth barry?

Gary Stevens did alright when he left.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Im sorry but Zamora is gash now why would we want him back? He fails to score in a side that creates about 15 chances a game, what chance would he have in a side that creates 3?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Nelson never played for Charlton in the top flight. He went to Torquay before Charlton won that play-off final against Sunderland.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Dean Saunders.

Didn't we have Ian Muir and let him go on a free to Tranmere, where he scored a shit load of goals as Rovers stormed up 2 divisions?

Eric Young did alright for Wimbledon in the top flight, didn't he? Did he play when they won the 88 FA Cup?
You're right about Muir - he looked class for us, so God knows why Cattlin or Mullery got rid. Eric Young also went on to a 3rd place finish in the top flight (and another cup final appearance?) when he played for the scum.

Danny Wilson - he won a league cup at Luton and promotion and high league position with Sheff Wed.

And this may be controversial but I always thought Martin Keown did alright after cutting his teeth on loan for a season at Albion. :p

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
kinkygerbil said:
Im sorry but Zamora is gash now why would we want him back? He fails to score in a side that creates about 15 chances a game, what chance would he have in a side that creates 3?
Correct, and anyway we couldn't afford him. It's a non-starter.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Paul Dickov.

Get Bobby Z back.

But on the subject of Stoke fans, the stoke manager was saying part of the reason Akinbiyi has been better lately is because they have been patient with him.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
to pay Zamora's wages we would have to sack Dean white, Martin Hinchelwood, Malcolm Stuart and Martin Perry (dont mind that).

Move on Richie, weve got leon and mark, the only way is up

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
kinkygerbil said:

He would have MM as Coach to sort that out, and Leon as strike partner to help him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here