Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora to Leeds?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Preston turn down Leeds final offer the next striker on their list is our Bob!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
NO!!! ANY TEAM BUT THAT!! I WOULD EVEN PREFER HIM GO TO CARDIFF!!

:censored:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I could see that happening.

Really not working out for Bobby yet at WHU, and Leeds do need a striker.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
How could they afford him though?

They're in more trouble than us regards finances aren't they?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Zamora to Leeds?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
its honestly would not surprise me...but then nothing does.

Really, what if it was revealed that Jordan has an IQ of 162?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
From Sky Sports:

Cash-stapped Leeds United, burdened by a huge £30m debt, are having to take drastic measures to cut costs and keep the once-dominant club afloat.

"Our transfer budget has been slashed to a paltry £7m this month," wailed distraught manager Kevin Blackwell, as he went through his teenage son's pockets for spare change.

Leeds, who were once able to splurge eight-figure sums on galactico superstars, are now having to make do with signing just a couple of c.£500k players a day.

"I mean, David Healy for £600,000. It's embarassing," admitted Blackwell. "I had to get someone to take over the phone call on my behalf as I was too humiliated to say out loud such a pathetic, derisory sum.

"Everyone else in this division is signing players for at least £4m or £5m just to clean boots and make the tea. How can we compete?

"I mean, look at Brighton, who we're playing tomorrow. Just a mere four years ago they splashed a staggering £100k on Bobby Zamora – that's a million miles away from our expectations. The fact they can do that every four or five years when we can only bandy the odd £500k around once or twice a week... it's... god...."

At this point Blackwell broke down in tears of gratitude, having found a dusty 10p piece under his sofa.

"If we were able to reduce our debt repayments from their current crippling 2p a year to a more realistic 1p every three years, then we'd have some room for manoeuvre. But while the club continues to put 0.02% of everything it has into sorting out our debts, then we're saddled with this farcical situation of only being able to sign more players for more money than anyone else in this division. Which simply isn't fair on Leeds.

"We're so poor. It's a tragedy. If every man, woman and child in the country gave us just £500 each, we could go some of the way to having a normal transfer budget of, oooh, £60m or so, like everyone else."

Note to editors: since thrusting themselves elbow deep into a giant trough of debt, Leeds appear to have made no effort to pay it off, yet to continue to beg for sympathy while frequently spunking off the kind of sums on transfers most other clubs couldn't afford in a decade of realistic budgeting.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Really, what if it was revealed that Jordan has an IQ of 162?

Is that centimetres or inches?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here