Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora to Hammers

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
So what "sell on" fee to we get for this type of deal if it is permenant? Did we have a sell on clause as part of the transfer deal that took him to Spurs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think we'll get a bean. Sell-on clause was a %age of profit (ie anything above £1.5m).

Given what he has done, or not done, in The Premiership - I can't see his value in the deal being above £1.5m.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I feel sorry for him - although at the club he supported as a boy he now has to work with Pardew

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RoyalAli said:
good stuff.
I'm sure Pardew and Zamora will get on just fine :lolol: :lolol:

They probably will considering Pardew rates hims and made enquiries about getting him loaned - Pleat doesn't appear to rate him, which is strange.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Looks like it's true. West Ham are calling a press confrence at 5.

I think it will be a great move for Bobby and I hope he goes on to become a legend there as well!

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
To play for West Ham was always his ambition - I'm pleased for him.

I also look forward to seeing him next season at Withdean when West Ham visit us in Divion One :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It will be better for him to get regular first team football. I hated the idea of him rotting in the reserves and only getting 10 minutes to try and make an impression.

Have Reading still got a game against West Ham to come? I want Bobby to score against them again. :lol:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Good move for him. His goals should get them in the prem and it's the club he has supported since he was a boy.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He still not guaranteed a game at Wham, they still have Harewood and Connelly.

However at least he wasnt at Spurs long enough to completely ruin him !

Pleats a tosser, surely spells the end of Postiga as well you would think. Unless Kanoutes out the door after pissing spurs around.

Good luck Bobby. :clap: :clap:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
good luck to him - better than wasting valuable time on the Spurs bench waiting for the off chance of getting ten minutes on the wing. He should do well for the Hammers - and scoring against Reading in April will be nice for him, too.

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Good luck Bobby. Always good to see a player end up with the club they supported as a boy. But it's going to be difficult for me hoping West Ham do well. I was quite enjoying disliking Pardew.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yorkie said:
It will be better for him to get regular first team football. I hated the idea of him rotting in the reserves and only getting 10 minutes to try and make an impression.

exactly - he needs to be out regularly - I think he needs to be playing at a higher level to help him build up some strength and immunity to injury as well - as much as I thought he was brilliant I was worried about his penchant for getting hurt when ankle tapped and wasn't sure if he could cut it at a higher level....

Seagull's Return said:
good luck to him - better than wasting valuable time on the Spurs bench waiting for the off chance of getting ten minutes on the wing. He should do well for the Hammers - and scoring against Reading in April will be nice for him, too.

And I do believe he has tended to be on the winning side for April games against Reading, hm? :clap2:

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe how many strikers W Ham will have now though...

Zamora, Deane, Harewood, Connoly, Nowland and Mellor!!

Not exactly going to be first choice is he!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here