Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora thread #7014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely his seat on the plane to South Affrica is booked now!

LEGEND :bowdown:

Not according to Garth Crooks (no smilie for cockjuggler), he says international football is all about pace, and BZ has none. Plus with Bobby being behind Heskey & Crouch he could score 30 goals and still have the summer off.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Surely his seat on the plane to South Affrica is booked now!

LEGEND :bowdown:

He's done sod all for 6 seasons - one good month in front of goal doesn't change the fact that he simply isn't international class.

He's not better than anyone we've already got.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wow, what a set up for Duff. 3-0!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Zamora is playing like a demon today, his name is mentioned everytime!

Poyet...sign him up!!! :lolol:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe not better but certainly different, that could be important in South Africa.

Spot on.

I always felt he is more of Sheringham player and gives us a different way to break sides down as he is doing for Fulham.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Not according to Garth Crooks (no smilie for cockjuggler), he says international football is all about pace, and BZ has none. Plus with Bobby being behind Heskey & Crouch he could score 30 goals and still have the summer off.

That man is without doubt the shittest pundit around so its a good job Capello won't listen to him, whether he chooses Bob or not. Just as a matter of interest, is there a friendly in Feb time?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
But seriously. Could Zamora keep this up and conceivably have a hope of going to South Africa, particularly if there are a few injuries to certain players?

I'm not touting him as world class by any means BUT he DOES have more goals than Rooney in the Premiership at the moment, has been scoring in important games against top opposition and let's face it... Andy Johnson has England caps...

I'm intrigued to know is there anything Bobby could do to be in with a decent shout or is his strike record and work rate irrelevant in the international scheme of things as it's simply too late for a player who's never set the premiership on fire?

I think were we not only a couple of friendlies away from the World Cup he might actually have been handed a few token caps but it's not very likely now, which is a shame, as we've certainly had worse strikers wear the England shirt.

One thing that is nice to see is that the premier league's top scorers chart is full of English players - Defoe, Zamora, Rooney, Bent, Crouch etc.

Anyway, big up to our Bob. About time he had a bit of luck in the premiership. Long may his rich vein of form continue, especially when it means SPANKING Manchester United.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I got off the tube at Putney Bridge yesterday at about 5pm and there were hundreds of smiling Fulham fans singing 'Bobby for England'.

I don't think he stands a chance of getting into the England squad. I am not sure he is good enough, but you never know.

D

Deleted member 2719

I got off the tube at Putney Bridge yesterday at about 5pm and there were hundreds of smiling Fulham fans singing 'Bobby for England'.

I don't think he stands a chance of getting into the England squad. I am not sure he is good enough, but you never know.

I do feel he is a man on a mission thou, who knows he is very different to Owen, Bent, Heskey, crouch etc.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Bobby would be a top man in the Championship, his only chance of getting a seat on the plane is if he gets a pilots licence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here