Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora the David Lee of West Ham

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think if Bobby had gone from us to West Ham, he would be doing fine. The fact he went to Tottenham, just as Hoddle left really mucked him up. After all he was Hoddle's signing. It's a shame.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I feel soooo sorry for BZ. He's playing alongside two of the best strikers who have ever played in europe...Rebrov and Sherringham. But, he's had plenty of chances to shine. He's put a few away for us but, tbh, not enough.

If you're suffering from a confidence crisis, surley most strikers would realish the chance to ram it down the boo-boy's throats....but BZ hasn't taken that opportunity despite being given plenty of chances.

I really do wish the bloke well and still hope he comes good for us but, to be perfectly honest, he'll only be a sub or in the starting 11 due to injuries etc.

If the rumours are correct, both Reading and Sheff Utd are after him.

Gareth Glover said:
It is a complete Myth that Zamora did not cut it in Div 1 for us. He scored 14 in about 31 starts and goals per game had one of the best strikerates in the division that season.

For a bloke playing in a team that got relegated thats pretty good.

Word.

Biscuit said:
I think if Bobby had gone from us to West Ham, he would be doing fine.

Word again. The jump from a relegated Division One side to a Premier League team with (unrealistic) aspirations of Europe was always going to be a lot to ask.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
When I've seen him, he looks so nervous and tentative, lacking all the aggression and self-belief that he had with us. That sort of cocky, relaxed attitude on the ball has also gone - I've seen few players suffer from such a confidence crisis - maybe another move is what he needs. Reading would probably be good for him.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I hate to say it but I think the most realistic and best move for Bobby would be to Reading. Coppell having worked with him knows his potential unlike other managers who may think his spell with us was just a flash in the pan. He also looked a different player again when we brought in Sidwell, they linked up brilliantly and Bobby became as much of a goal provider as scorer.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Hungry Joe said:
I hate to say it but I think the most realistic and best move for Bobby would be to Reading. Coppell having worked with him knows his potential unlike other managers who may think his spell with us was just a flash in the pan. He also looked a different player again when we brought in Sidwell, they linked up brilliantly and Bobby became as much of a goal provider as scorer.

Spot on there:clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hungry Joe said:

More realistic would be a move to Hull-they could almost afford his wages (if the 'Ammers went 50/50). Taylor knows him and he might score a few goals in the lower division-might help boost his confidence. He wouldn't get into Reading's side at the moment unless all of their strikers get injured overnight-he's not good enough.

Whatever happens I don't want to see him back at The Albion though-he did well for us but let us down badly in his last three months. Sadly, Big Time Charlieism became his problem during that time but 'e ain't so big now is 'e?

He should have stayed with us and become a real legend. He's only an ex-player now in my mind: he moved on and so should we.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would really like hin to return - come home son all is forgiven.

Return for the new adventure to the promised land.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he should drop a division to get his confidence back. Hull would be a good choice. Alternatively Sheff Wed!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Gareth Glover said:
He has been average to poor for West Ham but that is down to the fans I think. Still his 6000 pounds a week paypacket makes some compensation for him poor lad.

I think you will find he is on £15k per week. Where the hell would we get that kinnda money. No he will stick where he is to see out his contract or until another club is prepared to pay him that.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Bwian said:
More realistic would be a move to Hull-they could almost afford his wages (if the 'Ammers went 50/50). Taylor knows him and he might score a few goals in the lower division-might help boost his confidence. He wouldn't get into Reading's side at the moment unless all of their strikers get injured overnight-he's not good enough.

I agree - that could be good for him - if he needs confidence, playing for a good second division side and scoring regularly could help a lot. I'd certainly have him back though - I can't believe there'd be any question of that, I didn't see his efforts drop for us.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I know his heart wasn't in it for the last couple of months when he was with us - not surprising when his agent was telling him how much money he was going to be earning the following season in the Prem.

Despite this I personally would love to see him back with us. I think him coming back would lift the whole team. Bobby may well have been the 'star' in the two Promotion teams but he was highly thought of off the pitch as well with the rest of the squad. Did you see the way the rest of the squad went to him at the end of the game at Upton Park?

However even if WHU paid half his wages we have NO CHANCE of finding the other half - end of.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
mrhairy said:
I think you will find he is on £15k per week. Where the hell would we get that kinnda money. No he will stick where he is to see out his contract or until another club is prepared to pay him that.

He'll be on 6-8 k pw....no way will be on as much as some prem players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here