Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora has to be inthe England team (zamora thread #7015)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Clearly brings more to the game than Heskey and Carlton cole

He clearly needs to be the main striker, as we can see with Johnson's absence, but with Rooney in that role, BZ is in direct competition with Defoe for that position should anything befall WR. The target/link player role is between Heskey and Crouch for me. Don't know if Capello would take five strikers tbh, but BZ is deffo an option :smile:

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
there's no question in my book, the only doubt I have is I'm not sure about the pressure thing it would be horrible if he missed a pen or a really good chance

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He clearly needs to be the main striker, as we can see with Johnson's absence, but with Rooney in that role, BZ is in direct competition with Defoe for that position should anything befall WR. The target/link player role is between Heskey and Crouch for me. Don't know if Capello would take five strikers tbh, but BZ is deffo an option :smile:
Zamora is far more of a link up player than Crouch.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Rooney Manchester United 21 2 0 0 23 (4 pen)

2. Defoe Tottenham Hotspur 14 6 0 0 20

3. Bent Sunderland 15 1 0 0 16 (3 pen)

4. Lampard Chelsea 10 2 1 0 13 (5 pen)

4. Zamora Fulham 7 2 4 0 13

Bobby join 4th in the Emglish premiership goalscorer list, all games so I see no reason why he cannot make the squad considering his overall play and assists is right up there this season. We want players in form in south Africa and Bobby is on fire.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nor may the others.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
My support for England will increase tenfold if Zamora plays, I guess it may be a similar situation for others.

So come on Fab, you want our support? f***ing pick Bobby then.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I love Bobby but I'm England through and through with or without his inclusion.

I'm no fan of Ferdinand for one but his inclusion doesn't mean I lose interest in the fortunes of the national team.

A world cup victory for England would surely be the biggest countrywide euphoric celebration possible. Even non football fans would struggle to not get caught up in it all.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think he would actually contribute more than Bent. He's turned into more of a Heskey type player, but scores goals too. Why not give him a crack against Egypt now we know the others can do, which in Bents case is not much.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Meh. I don't feel a GREAT connection or affiliation to the England side and thus don't have a GREAT desire to cheer them on. But I will do once I get caught up in it all in the summer, especially as I'll be 18 and on my gap year. Any excuse to get pissed and a bit rowdy. Just saying if Bobby plays then I'll have someone in the side who I genuinely LOVE, and WILL have a great desire to cheer him on.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well each to their own but I just can't identify with some of these club over country people. If you LOVE football then surely there's nothing better than your nation triumphing over every other to give you a feeling of belonging to the best country in the world at that time, in that field of sporting achievement.

I'm ecstatic when Brighton achieve success BUT I can only share that with fellow Albion fans. If England won a major trophy you could literally throw your arms round any stranger on the street and be met with a positive response.

You'd see a baby boom the like of which we've NEVER seen before

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
little hope, but if Heskey gets injured, doesnt get the games or form drops, Zamora is the obvious replacment for that link up role. as said, his scoring is better too. i'd personally take him ahead of Crouch who i think only works against poorer teams, but Capello seems to have brought into the myth a bit.

Oct 25, 2003
1. Rooney Manchester United 21 2 0 0 23 (4 pen)

2. Defoe Tottenham Hotspur 14 6 0 0 20

3. Bent Sunderland 15 1 0 0 16 (3 pen)

4. Lampard Chelsea 10 2 1 0 13 (5 pen)

4. Zamora Fulham 7 2 4 0 13

plus on that list lampard is a midfielder and bent has never impressed for england on his few starts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here