Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zamora back here

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If this is true then find me my hat and I'll bloody well eat it.

Albion Rob

On the positive side I suppose West Ham could rate him but see he is low on confidence and so send him back to his old stomping ground where he is adored to see if he can find his shooting boots.

Far better to lend him to us so he won't be knocking them in for Reading and potentially damaging West Ham's title hopes.

Only way I could see it happening and not even taking money into account.

Be very nice though.

D

Deleted User X18H

Porky said:
I don't know if he would be too proud to come on loan to Withdene. I think that the reception he woul get from every person in the stands{as small as that crowd might be} would negate any feeling of filure on his part.
Incidentally, if Ipswich were looking for some power up front, howum they didn,t look at BZ.

Where is this Withdene then Brighton fan????

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
would be nice, but wont happen!

i reckon he may even move to wolves, back to glen hoddle who signed him initially at spurs!

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
brighton_b0y said:

i reckon he may even move to wolves, back to glen hoddle who signed him initially at spurs!

i hope not i reckon it was hoddle that knocked his conifidence.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
empire said:
why do papers write bollocks, sunday morror write ,seagulls interested in taking him back on loan,and hope to get him b4 the spurs cup game!!!,but reading are also in the running:nono: noway hosay is this correct:ohmy:

Pig flys past office window

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
bobs on 10k a week and wants to stay in the london area he would want a 3 yeat contract costing 1.5 million quid in wages plus any joining fee

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
brighton rock said:
bobs on 10k a week and wants to stay in the london area he would want a 3 yeat contract costing 1.5 million quid in wages plus any joining fee

You're not his Agent are you? That's where those ridiculous Zamora to Palace rumours came from then.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He'll be playing on Friday night.
He'll get some form back, and then move to Wolves.
WATCH THIS SPACE!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Possible as Pardew might agree to a loan deal but will definately be aginst selling Bobby to Reading. However... still think we haven't got the cash and I don't think he'll have much confidence coming back here... it will be like he failed.... which he did.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
To be fair, the jury is probably still out on that one. After all, he's still only quite young, and with a bit of confidence, could still be bloody lethal at any level.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I can't see how we could pay even 10% of his wages given our current financial situation.

The only chance is if West Ham see it as an oppertunity to help their promotion chances by basically giving him to us for free for the rest of the season in the hope that he will find his scoring form and help Brighton then take points of West Hams promotion rivals in the remaining matches.

Ned Zelic

Nov 6, 2004
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Absolutely True.

There would be one help of a slice of humble pie to swallow before he would come back.

That slice was too big for Paul Brooker, who preferred to swop a non-playing role at Leicester for a non-playing role at Reading.

Agree regarding Zamora, but re.Paul Brooker could we really have offered similar wages to Reading? I don't think so. Throw in the chance to play in a decent stadium under a manager that he played under before with a potentially successful team and it would have been an easy decision for him.

As for Brooker having a non-playing role at Reading, he played the full 90 minutes at Leicester on Saturday, and has made 15 League appearances this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here