Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zakora's dive

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Was at the game and in line with the ref just 5 rows back. My initial reaction was blatant dive but the ref seemed undecided for a second before being influenced by the crowd re-action.

Sol got a fair amount of stick but it was pretty tame stuff.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cheat

Unbelievable :nono: The FA ought to look at that and take action. One match ban at least, otherwise they will never stop people from doing it.

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
I think anyone found guilty of cheating should certainly be punished in one form or another. I suggest that they not be given any sweets (or money to go up the shop with) for a day or two. If they still persist with it, then threaten to cancel Christmas for them. I bet all this diving malarky would be eradicated almost overnight.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
From BBC sport website; Tottenham boss Martin Jol believes his player Didier Zokora "lost his balance" and didn't dive for a penalty during the 2-1 win over Portsmouth.

Yeah that's right he happened to lose his balance in the penalty area and look straight at the ref for the foul. Stop being a coward Jol and admit it.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Jol has admitted it was a dive; the off-balance thing is Zokora's justification, and Jol has, not unreasonably, chosen to trust his player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here