Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Buckley came on as a sub as well as Barnes (who can play for England). Not to mention Jake Forster Caskey who has already played for the England youth teams.

JFC was also captain in most of the ranks as well :thumbsup:

I thought Barnes declared himself for Austria!?

Fair play to Zaha, hate to say this but the kid is incredible. If Holloway says he's player he has never come across, there is definitely something even more special about that player. January transfer awaits :lolol:

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Zaha is one of many to come thru the Palace youth academy & certainly not the last. What can Brighton do to ensure their local stars of the future aren't missed? How does Brighton's academy compare to Palace's is the question you need to ask yourselves... I can't say I don't know what you have in the way youth development down their, except my eldest used to play on a Saturday morning in Preston Park with organisers who seemed to be Brighton affiliated.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Zaha is one of many to come thru the Palace youth academy & certainly not the last. What can Brighton do to ensure their local stars of the future aren't missed? How does Brighton's academy compare to Palace's is the question you need to ask yourselves... I can't say I don't know what you have in the way youth development down their, except my eldest used to play on a Saturday morning in Preston Park with organisers who seemed to be Brighton affiliated.

We only have a centre of excellence at the moment, although technically we are currently registered as Grade 2 because of our new training ground currently in development. Unfortunately, whilst we were trying to keep ourselves out of admin and paying our way whilst competing in League 1 at the worst ground in the Football League, youth development had to take a bit of a backburner.

The development of our state of the art Academy and Training Ground in Lancing has now begun after planning permission was granted last month. It will be years until we reap the rewards no doubt but still, even with the constraints of our setup we have managed to develop some decent footballers some of which are present and play regularly in our squad today (albeit none of which will ever be superstars apart from arguably Gareth Barry now playing for Man City, or in the future Jake Forster Casky who has played at all levels of the England youth setup).

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
You could have tried POS that would have done the trick.

I felt I might get confused with all the Brighton fans who match this description on your boards.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Good idea, put off the clubs - that will stop him leaving......until he refuses to sign a new contract, hands in a transfer request and eventually leaves on a free* - if he knows he can get into the England squad, he would want to be playing regularly at the highest level and id expect the same for Buckley if he ever got a call-up - just we wouldnt overrate him.

*=Well, depending on what the tribunal agrees - probably about £5 Million

Zaha has five years on his contract, which is why he's so valuable. Realistically we'd be mad to sell him for less than £15m, and if we go up at the end of the season it'll be even an even higher fee.

We'll probably lose him in the summer, but with any luck we'll be able to see Palace's youngest ever England international tear your boys apart! If we don't go up this year we'll have no chance of keeping Wilf, but we really should be able to create a promotion winning side with the cash we get. It's a win/win.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hopefully he will get injured and miss the 1/12 and then recover in time for his £10m move to Wigan in January. :thumbsup:

This £10m will of course go to funding Murrays 10k a week over the remaining 1.5yrs of his contract and keeping the wolf from the door/avoid admin AGAIN.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
IMO, he doesn't deserve a call up.

Yeah, great youngster, ridiculously over priced, great promising footballer but hasn't done anything to deserve to represent the national squad.

IMO, he doesn't deserve a call up.

Yeah, great youngster, ridiculously over priced, great promising footballer but hasn't done anything to deserve to represent the national squad.

I would rather have a hungry Zaha playing for England than Milner or Downing.

It needs to be said that he's still a **** though.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He has been picked to prevent him p*ssing off and playing for the ivory coast instead. If there was not talk of this possibility he would not have been included

Sensible move by Roy

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hopefully he will get injured and miss the 1/12 and then recover in time for his £10m move to Wigan in January. :thumbsup:

This £10m will of course go to funding Murrays 10k a week over the remaining 1.5yrs of his contract and keeping the wolf from the door/avoid admin AGAIN.

If we don't have Zaha you might get a point :(

He has been picked to prevent him p*ssing off and playing for the ivory coast instead. If there was not talk of this possibility he would not have been included

Sensible move by Roy

Agree. Still, it's nice to have a player that England actually want :thumbsup:

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
We only have a centre of excellence at the moment, although technically we are currently registered as Grade 2 because of our new training ground currently in development. Unfortunately, whilst we were trying to keep ourselves out of admin and paying our way whilst competing in League 1 at the worst ground in the Football League, youth development had to take a bit of a backburner.

The development of our state of the art Academy and Training Ground in Lancing has now begun after planning permission was granted last month. It will be years until we reap the rewards no doubt but still, even with the constraints of our setup we have managed to develop some decent footballers some of which are present and play regularly in our squad today (albeit none of which will ever be superstars apart from arguably Gareth Barry now playing for Man City, or in the future Jake Forster Casky who has played at all levels of the England youth setup).

Hehe, was that dig deliberate?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

Did Gareth Barry never play a game for your 1st team?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Did Gareth Barry never play a game for your 1st team?

No he joined villa as a trainee, he recently stated that he might have stayed had the facilities been better but we were too busy struggling and making sure we paid our taxes to invest in an academy. Other teams may have forgone the requirement to pay taxes :thumbsup: .

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He already comes across as arrogant so his ego will be through the roof now. Should speed up his departure from the scum though.

Also, as much as I enjoy BHA being in the championship, I think it's worrying that England can't find players from the top level to call up. Zaha has never played against quality defenders so not quite sure how Hodgson can't justify calling him up.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He already comes across as arrogant so his ego will be through the roof now. Should speed up his departure from the scum though.

Also, as much as I enjoy BHA being in the championship, I think it's worrying that England can't find players from the top level to call up. Zaha has never played against quality defenders so not quite sure how Hodgson can't justify calling him up.

As I said above its madness he's not even the best English winger in the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here