Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Their club legend has handed in a transfer request every year for the last 5 years!

How embarrassing

It’s the Palace way of carrying out contract negotiations

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
[Tweet]1400410641706500096[/tweet]

It begins...

So has he actually handed in a transfer request this time?
That's how I read the headline.

I assume that makes it a bit easier as they won't have to stump up any loyalty payments on top of the United cut.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When the Palace fans read this, he will TUMBLE down the popularity stakes. His FALL from grace will be spectacular, if he starts to play up. He could of course, be a complete FLOP at his new club as he was the last time he dipped his toe into life outside of South London. I hope Palace PLUNGE down the League as their talisman leaves for pastures new.
I may DIVE into BBS later to test the opinion of the great unwashed.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
When the Palace fans read this, he will TUMBLE down the popularity stakes. His FALL from grace will be spectacular, if he starts to play up. He could of course, be a complete FLOP at his new club as he was the last time he dipped his toe into life outside of South London. I hope Palace PLUNGE down the League as their talisman leaves for pastures new.

I am ON THE FLOOR laughing at that... well played sir!

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
What, another one?

brenda.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Is it weird that a part of me almost feels sorry for the guy?

He's probably more responsible than most for keeping Palace in the PL for however many years now which has meant however many millions and millions of pounds for the club (new stand on the way right?!) and they're just refusing to budge for him. Not even an inch.

But on the other hand:

Don't sign a 5 year deal if you want to leave a club and, most importantly, hahaha get f**ked Zaha.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And on the same day as Christian Benteke signs a two year contract extension. Talk about being mugged off by a guy, who having not scored for the last six seasons at Palace, realised he’d better get a couple before last season’s end or he’d be gone, job done now watch him revert back to being utter toilet for his weekly £38k x 2 more years.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Zaha seems PRONE to these errors of judgment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
These probably came around last year, too;

[tweet]1400429728943820801[/tweet]

[tweet]1400455147294056458[/tweet]

[tweet]1400411245421924354[/tweet]

[tweet]1400450769527074818[/tweet]

Perfect timing for:

[tweet]1397953997059747844[/tweet]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely he won’t give up on them now when they have a lot of rebuilding to do... surely not...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why on earth did he sign a 5 year contract?

Money aside, it’s an unusual length of contract for a player with one eye on a bigger move.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why on earth did he sign a 5 year contract?

Money aside, it’s an unusual length of contract for a player with one eye on a bigger move.

He's changed agents several times since signing that deal for £130k a week. Nobody put a gun to his head, but reading between the lines the leeches and hangers-on have done very, very well out of him committing his long-term future to CPFC2010.

He's gradually realised he's been held back by a small club which (by completely pricing him out of the market) has ensured he will have spent an entire career in utter mediocrity, with no chance of ever winning anything. In fairness his talent probably deserved better, but he's shackled in a loveless marriage of convenience and its too late to do anything about it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here