Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha to QPR

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I suspect the truth is that he's not a bad player, but that his attitude stinks.

A few contacts of mine in the Croydon area indicate he has plenty of "associates" who might not be the most helpful to an impressionable young man trying to make it as a Premier League footballer. An ever-growing collection of parasites looking to leech off his fame and bask in some of his reflected glory. He's not the sharpest tool in the box so he probably doesn't recognise that.

That really surprises me Edna.
You come across as quite a straight laced, middle class Doris, not someone who mixes with people with a intimate knowledge of Croydon yoof culture.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That really surprises me Edna.
You come across as quite a straight laced, middle class Doris, not someone who mixes with people with a intimate knowledge of Croydon yoof culture.

Edna Krabappel , by day, middle class, straight laced, Doris, by night ,masked crime fighter, bringing justice and retribution to the mean streets of downtown Croydon city

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Some media reports suggested that one reason why Pulis and Parish fell out was Parish's alleged desire to re-sign Zaha rather than support Pulis's transfer targets.

Now media reports are suggesting that Pulis could be on QPR's shopping list if Harry moves on, which might just scupper Zaha's chances of going there. All just media speculation of course but doesn't help Zaha find a game of first team football. Incredible for the greatest player on the planet a year or so ago, but clearly Van Gaal, Fergie, Moyes and Pulis don't fancy him.

Will be interesting to see if Parish tries to insist on the new manager taking Zaha back.

Word on the street is Harry is tired of QPR and wants out...Pulis deffo in the frame.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Incredible for the greatest player on the planet a year or so ago, but clearly Van Gaal, Fergie, Moyes and Pulis don't fancy him.

See this is what always left me a little bit nonplussed.

For my part, I saw a reasonably useful, quick but typically inconsistant winger with a few tricks in his box, who could waggle his leg over the ball a bit but would invariably, more often than not, end up falling over. His goalscoring record was nothing to write home about, and at his apparent peak, his assist stats were surpassed by a certain W. Buckley esq.

And yet to our friends up the road, we were apparently witnessing the Second Coming of not so much a footballer, but some kind of DEMI-GOD who could be spoken of only in hushed tones around camp fires, in the same breath as Messi, Puskas, Cruyff and Dynamo. This gargantuan talent would bestride the PLANET with his mindblowing skills, the likes of which had never been seen before on a football pitch in the history of the game. Grown men would weep at the sight of such god-given talent. Cities would crumble at the sheer magnitude of this spectacular footballing behemoth who strode amongst us. People in stadiums up and down the country would collapse into frothing heaps at the sight of his stepovers, their brains simply unable to comprehend the scale and magnificence of this gift to world sport they were witnessing before their very eyes.

A year in Man U'd stiffs and a relegation with Cardiff, followed by a panic loan move back to a club in chaos where he started.

Do you think they talked him up a bit ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
* close thread *

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Surely he could have gone to that Massive Club in Hampshire so that he could have played in front of the Best fans In The World?

#Twats

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
See this is what always left me a little bit nonplussed.

For my part, I saw a reasonably useful, quick but typically inconsistant winger with a few tricks in his box, who could waggle his leg over the ball a bit but would invariably, more often than not, end up falling over. His goalscoring record was nothing to write home about, and at his apparent peak, his assist stats were surpassed by a certain W. Buckley esq.

And yet to our friends up the road, we were apparently witnessing the Second Coming of not so much a footballer, but some kind of DEMI-GOD who could be spoken of only in hushed tones around camp fires, in the same breath as Messi, Puskas, Cruyff and Dynamo. This gargantuan talent would bestride the PLANET with his mindblowing skills, the likes of which had never been seen before on a football pitch in the history of the game. Grown men would weep at the sight of such god-given talent. Cities would crumble at the sheer magnitude of this spectacular footballing behemoth who strode amongst us. People in stadiums up and down the country would collapse into frothing heaps at the sight of his stepovers, their brains simply unable to comprehend the scale and magnificence of this gift to world sport they were witnessing before their very eyes.

A year in Man U'd stiffs and a relegation with Cardiff, followed by a panic loan move back to a club in chaos where he started.

Do you think they talked him up a bit ?

His biggest attribute for me was taking defenders away from their box, it was like they flocked towards him. He really did keep them busy and whilst doing so, that left the likes of Murray free to do his stuff. I really hope Murray gets a proper chance in the premier.
I am a great fan of Zaha the footballer, not the man so much anymore. The only footballer I really have any time for out of those I have met is Speroni.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here