• give Zaha sympathetic applause

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • give Zaha dogs abuse

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • watch and do nothing

Votes: 12 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wind forward to March next year . It’s Albion vs Palace at the Amex. 75 minutes have gone in a tempestuous bad tempered affair – The Albion are leading 1-0 and players from both sides have been involved in scuffles and the ugly mood on the pitch is reflected in the near capacity crowd (there are spaces in the away end) where both sets of supporters have been constantly goading each other.

The situation has been inflamed by Zaha, who has been up to his tricks all game – feigning injury, diving for penalties and trying to get Albion players booked – but the ref is firm and is having none of it. Then just on the half way line infront of the East Stand touchline Zaha receives the ball and shielding it he gracefully pirouettes away from one defender and then BANG – he is hit like a thunderclap by Bruno – the strength of the challenge knocks him over the touchline – the challenge is very strong but fair and the ref is on the spot and waves play on to howls of derision from the Palace following and huge cheers from the Amex faithful. Play sweeps up the other end as Zaha lays in a striken heap.

Palace manage to scrabble the ball out of play and their players rush to the prone Eagle starlet who is banging the turf with his fist and pointing at his leg. It’s a bad one – the whole crowd can see his discomfort and the severity of the injury. The ref immediately waves on the medics who charge across the pitch and gather around Zaha. The ref insists play continues as he is off the pitch.

After about 5 minutes of attention he is placed on a wheeled stretcher – in clear discomfort he is taken around the pitch edge towards the West Stand. Here is the dilemma , in the circumstances described , as Zaha is wheeled in front of you do you –

A/ Give him sympathetic applause
B/ Give him dogs abuse
C/ Watch but do nothing

I know what I would do – do you?

The poll is not public - vote honestly.

Last edited:

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Occupational hazard. Wouldnt want any lasting damage to the guy obviously, but during the heat of moment probably B, or if possibly C. Couldnt appluad him though

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In 2012, I would probably do A. I am 41 now, and it is only a game to me these days.

However, in 1986, if it had been the game after that one at Selhurst where the 7,000 Nigels on hand warmly applauded Henry Hughton after snapping Gerry Ryan's leg, I'd probably have gone for option B.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
In 2012, I would probably do A. I am 41 now, and it is only a game to me these days.

However, in 1986, if it had been the game after that one at Selhurst where the 7,000 Nigels on hand warmly applauded Henry Hughton after snapping Gerry Ryan's leg, I'd probably have gone for option B.

A couple of years later at the infamous "how many penalties" didnt one of their chaps break his leg that day? I cannot remember for the life of me who was involved but I am sure one of our defenders broke the leg of their midfielder,this will come to me in my sleep tonight I will wake up in the wee hours shouting players names

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Wow - More Zaha threads from you guys. Its becoming a bit of an obsession now fellas. The boy is a big talent but remember he is only a kid and yes he has probably tried to con refs into giving decisions but on the flip side I have seen the boy smashed to pieces and given no protection from refs so its 2 way.

I find it sad that you would be offering abuse to a player who may have a serious injury - rivalry aside I would never lower myself to that if one of your boys picked up a nasty one.

Its just a game and we just happen to have produced a little gem and yes we know he will be making his big move soon but he will go with our blessing.

What a player! - lets just enjoy such homegrown talent.

Some of you guys on here are quite pathetic

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he'd been cheating all match - and the same is true for any player - I doubt he would get any applause from me.

Last edited:

Wow - More Zaha threads from you guys. Its becoming a bit of an obsession now fellas. The boy is a big talent but remember he is only a kid and yes he has probably tried to con refs into giving decisions but on the flip side I have seen the boy smashed to pieces and given no protection from refs so its 2 way.

I find it sad that you would be offering abuse to a player who may have a serious injury - rivalry aside I would never lower myself to that if one of your boys picked up a nasty one.

Its just a game and we just happen to have produced a little gem and yes we know he will be making his big move soon but he will go with our blessing.

What a player! - lets just enjoy such homegrown talent.

Some of you guys on here are quite pathetic

don't be such a wanker, it's an internet message board not the real world, the opening poster has quoted this as 'hypothetical', the problem with hypothetical questions is you get a hypothetical answer, now get off your fuckin cross as we need the wood

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Wow - some real cretins on here.

Its a game of football fellas - shall I start a survey on what I would do if one of your kids was in a road accident??

Grow up

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
WTF?! That's a dilemma? It's more like a poll on how much of a prick you are. You have no real reason to HATE Zaha, dislike his antics maybe, but not hate him. Cheering his extreme pain and misfortune would be the actions of an utter, utter scumbag.

This is what I hate about football fans and it's what's poisoning the game. The suggestion that this is how you would behave in any context other than football is ridiculous. If that guy in accounts at work, the one you don't know, but don't like the look of, get's hit by a bus and an ambulance gets called - would you shout abuse at him? Or would you just stand do nothing to help? For the love of GOD, why can't everyone just behave like decent human beings.

Its a game of football fellas - shall I start a survey on what I would do if one of your kids was in a road accident??

Grow up

Read the f***ing thread and look at the poll results before coming out with bollocks mate.

I f***ing hate Palace as a club and wish you nothing but misery, I do not hate human beings and would never revel in another's physical misery, well maybe some but that does not include Palace fans or players.

Maybe take a look at BBS when someone mentions Gerry Ryan, I will guarantee you that the oh so hilarious cartoon depiction of Hughton snapping Ryans leg will be posted within minutes.

Last edited:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009

Grow up

Can you take a look at how the vote stands and get off your high horse please?

Glad to see voting currently overwhelmingly backs civilised behaviour over twattish tribalism.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
don't be such a wanker, it's an internet message board not the real world, the opening poster has quoted this as 'hypothetical', the problem with hypothetical questions is you get a hypothetical answer, now get off your fuckin cross as we need the wood

I literally have no idea what you're saying. Are you suggesting that these hypothetical answers bear no relation to what people would actually do. Kinda pointless then aren't they?

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
The point is that there is even a pathetic 'survey' on such a pointless subject. If Palace fans are doing similar then they are as dumb as you lot. I dont care what the outcome of your pathetic 'survey' is.

What is the point of it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here