Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zac Sturge

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Turned 18 today, happy birthday young man.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I hope this is right.

Sturge is being lined up for Cucu’s role. He is clearly a few years away but hopefully we can keep Cucu long enough until Zac is ready.

He's 7 months younger than Liveramento, who was one of Saints better players last season.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
12/11/2002 (Liveramento) to 15/07/2004 (Sturge) is 19 months......................

Sorry, I meant 7 months younger than Liveramento when he got his move and broke into the starting line-up.

My point being, if your good enough......

Of course, we dont know yet if he is as good as hoped.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Here perhaps? No idea how ITK the Twitter is...........

https://twitter.com/MaxiDuartePY/status/1536767349700829185

"Maximilliano Duarte [MENTION=22221]Max[/MENTION]iDuartePY
Brighton youngster Zak Sturge has signed a new deal with the club despite interest from Wolfsburg and Leverkusen. The 17 y/o originally rejected a new contract back in January but has reconsidered after it was made clear he’s in the clubs long term plans.
"

I think thats it. As said above seems to not know a lot but luckily got this one right. I just remember reading a lot about him rejecting our new contract offer and loads of teams interested, but until last night didn't know he signed a new contract.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've just seen this post. I played CB/sweeper for BHASVIC in the mid-Sussex midweek league in the 76/77 season when we won the league against such titans as United Dairies and the Fire Brigade. Gordon Hook's PE assistant (can't remember the name) captained the team.

BHASVIC is purely where I've played a social game of football each Sunday morning for the last don't know how many years. I've never played for BHASVIC the team. I think age is catching up with me, and lately, I'm finding it impossible to play Thursday evenings, Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings, although that's my aim. Sunday's is out at the moment. I think my body may be falling apart, or it's God's way of telling me to pack it in. I'm 66 you know!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
BHASVIC is purely where I've played a social game of football each Sunday morning for the last don't know how many years. I've never played for BHASVIC the team. I think age is catching up with me, and lately, I'm finding it impossible to play Thursday evenings, Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings, although that's my aim. Sunday's is out at the moment. I think my body may be falling apart, or it's God's way of telling me to pack it in. I'm 66 you know!

I gave up at 28! 63 now. Careful with those knees and ankles.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I gave up at 28! 63 now. Careful with those knees and ankles.

Crackly knee, achilles tendonitis, asthma, bad back, rheumatic toe, tight calfs (calves?), recovering from dislocated finger after failing to stop a rocket-shot whilst doing my stint in goal, otherwise I'm in tip-top condition!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Reports Leeds & Chelsea looking to make bids for him

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My hunch is that he's signed a new contract, and that this illustrates that that website is dubiously titled.

Or we had an option to extend his contract for 12 months which we took, but still won’t mean he isn’t sold ? The fact the club haven’t exactly made any ‘fanfare’ about a proper deal makes me think all is not well with this one

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've extended his contract in this window.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2637594
"For scholars, "Extended" refers to a deal extending to a third year as a scholar. The term "Offer" refers to the scholar being offered a professional contract." - so we've extended his contract as a scholar. Perhaps now he's 18 he doesn't have to stay with that?

No, I don't have a clue either - I hope they're wrong about him walking away for free on Thursday though!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"For scholars, "Extended" refers to a deal extending to a third year as a scholar. The term "Offer" refers to the scholar being offered a professional contract." - so we've extended his contract as a scholar. Perhaps now he's 18 he doesn't have to stay with that?

No, I don't have a clue either - I hope they're wrong about him walking away for free on Thursday though!

“The rules of the FA state that a player under 17 years of age may not enter into a contract of employment except under a scholarship and a player under 18 years of age may not enter into a full contract of employment.”

He turned 18 three weeks ago. Prior to that he was unable to enter into a full contract of employment. It seems that at the age of 17 he ‘extended’ his scholarship a year as you say according to the document on the Premier League website.

There seems to be a single source for this Sturge to Chelsea story: https://www.90min.com/posts/chelsea-set-to-sign-brighton-youngster-zak-sturge

I’m hoping that this new story is recycled from this one prior to Sturge having his scholarship extended:

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2...chelsea-had-two-bids-rejected-for-zak-sturge/

Hopefully the 90min journo has not checked his facts properly. I’m also hoping that only Brighton can offer him a contract (now he is 18) until his scholarship runs out at the end of this coking season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No youth player goes for free. Southampton even got a share when we sold White. I think it’s anyone under 22?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
“The rules of the FA state that a player under 17 years of age may not enter into a contract of employment except under a scholarship and a player under 18 years of age may not enter into a full contract of employment.”

He turned 18 three weeks ago. Prior to that he was unable to enter into a full contract of employment. It seems that at the age of 17 he ‘extended’ his scholarship a year as you say according to the document on the Premier League website.

There seems to be a single source for this Sturge to Chelsea story: https://www.90min.com/posts/chelsea-set-to-sign-brighton-youngster-zak-sturge

I’m hoping that this new story is recycled from this one prior to Sturge having his scholarship extended:

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2...chelsea-had-two-bids-rejected-for-zak-sturge/

Hopefully the 90min journo has not checked his facts properly. I’m also hoping that only Brighton can offer him a contract (now he is 18) until his scholarship runs out at the end of this coking season.
Yes, I'm hoping it works out something like that! We'll have to see what happens on Thursday (or when the club put details on the website in a few weeks time! :wink:

No youth player goes for free. Southampton even got a share when we sold White. I think it’s anyone under 22?
True - but not much. I'd rather hang on to him until he's passed go and we can collect our £50M!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If his head's on straight, you'd think he'd see that the pathway is better here than at the likes of Chelsea. However, rumours abound that a move abroad is more likely than West London. Nothing from any particularly reputable source though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here