Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssss!

Nobby Lawton

Jan 6, 2004
How were we lucky ?

We held them out for the whole game - apart from the two woodwork incidents we didn't look in any danger at all - they huffed and puffed but our defence is class - six games now undefeated - six clean sheets - would you bet against us going all the way to Div 1

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO !!!

Joe Sunburnt

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

'Playing well involves taking your chances' . They didn't, therefore they didn't play well. You don't get anything for hard lines.
How many true saves did Roberts have to make? Just the one from Moody's rebound to ensure the follow up cleared the bar. Otherwise mainly crosses and through balls he cleared up, though I do recall another one straight into his midriff in the 1st half.
The team kept them to long range efforts apart from the Moody chance where two defenders and the keeper were in his face; hence he missed. Decent defending in my book.
:clap:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
coach03 said:
'Playing well involves taking your chances' . They didn't, therefore they didn't play well. You don't get anything for hard lines.
How many true saves did Roberts have to make? Just the one from Moody's rebound to ensure the follow up cleared the bar. Otherwise mainly crosses and through balls he cleared up, though I do recall another one straight into his midriff in the 1st half.
The team kept them to long range efforts apart from the Moody chance where two defenders and the keeper were in his face; hence he missed. Decent defending in my book.
:clap:

must admit that sums it up.....:lolol:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
We weren't lucky at all. We clearly went there for the draw and didn't disguise the fact that we didn't expect to get anymore than that. We had one clear shot on goal and it went in. Deflection or not it went in.
If Swindon had come here they would have adopted the same tactics. We scored, they didn't. No luck.

:bounce: :bounce:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
To quote Jimmy Sirrell,

"If ye dinnae score, ye dinnae win..."

How Swindon missing their chances is our fault is quite beyond me. Go there, stop them playing their game, defend as if your life depends on it and nick a goal to win. I call that a successful game plan. Everybody applauds when one of the big boys does it, in Europe say. What are we supposed to do? Pile forward like the Light Brigade, 'coz failing to do so ain't 'entertaining'. I don't know about you lot, but I was pretty f***ing entertained yesterday. :drink:

I only hope King's got even more to say for himself between now and Thursday night. He's doing half McGhee's job for him - keep it up, you big mouthed git. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here