Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yusuf Islam the artist previously known as Cat Stevens

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems to have made a musical comeback as I've heard some of his new stuff on Radio 2. Sounds exactly the same as his old stuff to me, which I admit to quite liking but he doesn't seem to have progressed after decades of sabbatical (that is probably totally the wrong choice of word :) ).

What are NSC posters views and your favourite or if you don't like him most irritating song?

I used to really like the whole side Foreigner Suite and I think I am inspired to download it.

Morning Has Broken, however, does my head in.

Last edited:

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
I remember enjoying Matthew and Son very much when I was in my childhood. It was the trumpet bit that went "pa-pa-pa-pa-paaaaaaah-paaaaaaah-pa-pa-pa-pa pa-pa-pa-pah" that really did it for me.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The Cat is a total dude. Tea for the Tillerman is a fantastic lp, which I've not listened to in ages. Not sure if he's an Albion fan, but he certainly sounds like he should be.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
His version of Father and Son is by far his best song. Though like all his stuff.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Have got a great Bootleg of him in concert at BBc. All time fave track was Lady D'Arbanville...classic track

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
My wife likes " I love my dog more than I love you".....Got the best off and tend to listen to first 7 or 8 tracks then get a bit bored. Spose I should listen to lyrics etc but they all sound sameish.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Saw him on the box a while back, can't say I remember him from when he was Cat Stephens, but he sounded ok and will probably headline at Glastonbury next year.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
n1 gull said:
The Cat is a total dude. Tea for the Tillerman is a fantastic lp, which I've not listened to in ages. Not sure if he's an Albion fan, but he certainly sounds like he should be.

Did ne not pen the lines....

Seagulls sing your hearts away
'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play

Oh Lord how they play and play
For that happy day, for that happy day

a clear reference to Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here