Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

you've offered 250K for paynter

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Underwhelmed, BUT............IN GUS WE TRUST.

But paynter is another option - he is likely to be playing the last 20 mins in games not starting, 250K is good for a striker with his experience and he was good at Swindon.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Go to have some sort of big lump up front, otherwise there might just be a FLAIR explosion, destroying the Amex.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I've heard Leeds turned down 150k + add ons of around 100k so it will end up more than 250k if we want him...

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Gus knows what he is doing but Bates is so tight we won't end up with a value deal here.

Keep the dough in the bank for Vicente's wages!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Can't be true. With other injuries and players on loan or been sold. If he does move to us that leaves Leeds with a total of zero strikers.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Leeds curently have a striker crisis with Becchio and Somma both long term injuries. Their second top scorer from last season Max Gradel has just been sold and they already have got Andy Keogh in on loan from Wolves. Selling Billy Paynter at the moment seems highly unlikely

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I really don't to be honest mate, he has had one good season when Swindon got to the play-off final..

Fair point mate, he'd be better than nothing though shirley? I'm quite happy to draw a line through his form at Dirty L**ds as he's been injured a lot and their fans are some of the thickest twats going. :moo:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Fair point mate, he'd be better than nothing though shirley? I'm quite happy to draw a line through his form at Dirty L**ds as he's been injured a lot and their fans are some of the thickest twats going. :moo:

Maybe Gus can do what he does best and turn him into a goal scoring machine? If he does join us then i'd support him 100% but I don't think it's a great signing..

In Gus we trust, I suppose with this one :lolol:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
He has made 54 apperences in the Championship with Southend, Hull and Leeds combined and scored 4 goals in total. Yes he may be more of a hold up player but they are still shocking stats, with three different sides.....Dont think £250k is a bargain, sounds very fair to me if not a bit expensive.....Surely it would only be a years contract.

Really Really don't want Painter.
Like Kev has pointed out, those stats are shocking! Those stats make McCammon or Sam Williams look good! I really don't think Painter can offer anything from the bench either, I would rather Ashley Barnes come off the bench.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm happy with Paynter, but don't get this. Poyet suggested it was a done deal- why are we only bidding now?

Perhaps there was late interest from another club? Coventry were mentioned earlier which may mean he doesn't have to move ( I have no idea where he lives but it could be midway between Leeds and Coventry).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here