Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youtube video,Woman shot in Iran.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Been on the news about this mobile footage of this woman being shot by Iranian security forces ? Thought it was called The Angel ? Can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a link ? Please. :wave:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Been on the news about this mobile footage of this woman being shot by Iranian security forces ? Thought it was called The Angel ? Can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a link ? Please. :wave:

Why would you want to watch an Iranian woman being shot dead?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It was one of the items used on the Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime on Radio Two,it seems the manner of her death is being used as a rallying call by the protesters. :albion2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why would you want to watch an Iranian woman being shot dead?

I reckon theses a few people on here who would take great pleasure in it tbh, not implying the OP is one of them.

jrmeag1

Sep 22, 2008
It's on you tube you just need to put in 'iranian woman being shot in iran', very gruesome.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
EDIT: No but in all seriousness it is very grusome and horrible, its just goes to show how lucky we are.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
It's a difficult one this. The actions of the Iranian state need publicising, yet the voyeurism of those who watch (repeatedly) a young woman get killed is really distasteful. She won't be the last either, and I hope that over time we don't become de-sensitized to these images.

Fatal violence is grim, and I wouldn't want it to become the norm for the media. I certainly wouldn't want my kids tuning in/logging on to images like this - but it's going to be increasingly hard to protect them from it. I just hope they never have to see if for real.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
being a bit thick here, but may i ask who was she shot by?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
In full?

Bloody hell

It first showed her as a spectator appearing to be watching the demo. It then showed her on the floor. Didnt show the blood coming from her mouth but did show several seconds of her on the ground.

My view is she has become a martyr (whether she wanted to or not) and the more people that see how brutal the regime is the better (as it might (I said might) just bring about some kind of change).

Not wanting to see it is exactly what the Iranian Authorities would want!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that black bloke in charge of the Americans seems pretty pissed off, reckon theres gonna be a WAR soon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I just saw it, and it made me both sick (not physically) and cry. Poor girl.

I guess being a father to a girl makes it worse.

Papa

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
It first showed her as a spectator appearing to be watching the demo. It then showed her on the floor. Didnt show the blood coming from her mouth but did show several seconds of her on the ground.

My view is she has become a martyr (whether she wanted to or not) and the more people that see how brutal the regime is the better (as it might (I said might) just bring about some kind of change).

Not wanting to see it is exactly what the Iranian Authorities would want!

I understand what you mean - it's difficult to know where to draw the line though.

The images of the naked, napalm-scorched Vietnamese girl running stumbling down the road has become iconic and brought the reality of that into the west's living rooms via the TV.

But I don't think I'd want my kids to view that either, certainly until they are mature enough to understand it in context.

It was posted on Youtube (and Facebook) within five minutes of the event happening. The guy who took the pictures sent them immediately to an Iranian dissident friend in Holland (or "illegal asylum seeker", if you prefer) and asked him to tell the world what was happening.

This isn't voyeurism. It's a demonstration that the authorities in ANY repressive state have lost control of the channels of communication.

I find that very heartening.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
It was posted on Youtube (and Facebook) within five minutes of the event happening. The guy who took the pictures sent them immediately to an Iranian dissident friend in Holland (or "illegal asylum seeker", if you prefer) and asked him to tell the world what was happening.

This isn't voyeurism. It's a demonstration that the authorities in ANY repressive state have lost control of the channels of communication.

I find that very heartening.

Isn't it both - I agree that the ability of repressed people to broadcast that repression internationally is a positive thing and will lead to change.

That said I'd question many people's motivation in accessing the information though. Remember what happened when the pictures of Saddam's execution emerged?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here