Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

youth section in the new seats?

Should one of the north corners become a youth section for 14 to 18 y/o only or full time education bods? With reduced season tickets,just seems the only option for the youngsters is to sit with the old man and his cronies,would also get a whole new vocal element to the ground,after all thats what the old north was like. Once reaching 18 a certain amount would have to relocate, but they should have priority over new season ticket applicants.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seems sensible to increase the family stand into there, its not a bad idea, but I think most 14yr olds would rather still sit with family....

Seems sensible to increase the family stand into there, its not a bad idea, but I think most 14yr olds would rather still sit with family....

I think it would be nice to have an option,but when i was 14 i was more than happy to get up the back of the north stand away from the oldies,in fact since i was 11:) The biggest problem of our success is that groups of like minded fans cannot get together in the stadium,i understand this has some benefits but does restrict the increase in vocal support.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am of the opinion that if you take your son/daughter to the football. You go as a family and sit with your child.
We like many go as a family, Me, My Dad, Brother and Sons..
Its the highlight of my week, spending some proper Dad and Son time together, at something we both love.
It seems like it would take the family element out of the experience, Well for ME anyway.

Im hoping my son thinks the same !

When he gets to 18 he can sit where he likes and pay for his own ticket ! ;-)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
An area which will require extra stewarding to manage the inevitable excessive obscene language and anti-social behaviour?

No thanks :nono:

Surely this already covered by the where the NSK sit :moo:

Thats the point no one else can get tickets in that area until corners are filled in,??? THE NSK ARE VERY WELCOME BUT they number a 100 hundred odd in full flight. The old north stand at times had 600/700 giving vocal support. Just trying to support and build on what the nsk have been trying to do.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Because the 40 TO 50 generation ain't gonna last forever. The fan base we have was created in the 70's and 80's when alot of us were teenagers, just need to make sure we don't become a retirement stadium by the sea.

You already see loads of kids at the Amex on matchdays, its hardly all middle-aged/older people. Tickets are already a decent price so they dont need dropping. If they wanted to be vocal last season, they would have probably already moved to the North for this season. Hopefully the corners will be taken by those who want to be loud each match though.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Because the 40 TO 50 generation ain't gonna last forever. The fan base we have was created in the 70's and 80's when alot of us were teenagers, just need to make sure we don't become a retirement stadium by the sea.

I think its a fair point, applies to me too, first went in the '80's. Would be interesting to know what percentage of fans are 35-55 say. Id hope also that a new generation is developing now but im sure youre right that a large percentage are the old fan base from 70's/80's. Still a while for these guys to run yet though and noise levels were brilliant at times last season for a load of 'oldies'

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I think it would be nice to have an option,but when i was 14 i was more than happy to get up the back of the north stand away from the oldies,in fact since i was 11:) The biggest problem of our success is that groups of like minded fans cannot get together in the stadium,i understand this has some benefits but does restrict the increase in vocal support.

this,my son already want so to do the aways with his mates

I am of the opinion that if you take your son/daughter to the football. You go as a family and sit with your child.
We like many go as a family, Me, My Dad, Brother and Sons..
Its the highlight of my week, spending some proper Dad and Son time together, at something we both love.
It seems like it would take the family element out of the experience, Well for ME anyway.

Im hoping my son thinks the same !

When he gets to 18 he can sit where he likes and pay for his own ticket ! ;-)
Totally get where you are coming from my two boys are 15 and 18 and i love he fact that we all sit together but when i was their age it was great fun going with your mates.
At 11 only 2 or 3 of our year were going to the albion this increased each year till we had encouraged a good 20 to follow the albion home and away.
Ended up with myself filling a coach with 16/17 age group for away games,
It helped that the 70's glory years were in full swing but it should be easier to bring in new young fans,i know alot of the issues are because of our success but why not keep building on a good thing? A very happy albion fan just looking at the bigpicture.:clap2:

Last edited:

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
I think my generation (I'm 22) is one the club has largely missed out on during the clubs struggles. Through all my school years I was one of only a few that actually supported the Albion. Large numbers of Liverpool and United. Luckily I had a dad that sorted me out as until I hit 10 I was in danger of being a Man Utd fan!

Hopefully the Amex has rectified this although I do think they could perhaps have cheaper tickets for under 25's like many other clubs. I'm happy to pay whatever to secure my seat however if we want to fill the Amex for the next 20 years we need to encourage every generation on board as the club is still in a transitional period.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you have enough full paying customers, why drop the prices. I was paying for adult season tickets at Withdean during my college years, so if they are half as keen as I was back then, they will find a means to go.

I think my generation (I'm 22) is one the club has largely missed out on during the clubs struggles. Through all my school years I was one of only a few that actually supported the Albion. Large numbers of Liverpool and United. Luckily I had a dad that sorted me out as until I hit 10 I was in danger of being a Man Utd fan!

Hopefully the Amex has rectified this although I do think they could perhaps have cheaper tickets for under 25's like many other clubs. I'm happy to pay whatever to secure my seat however if we want to fill the Amex for the next 20 years we need to encourage every generation on board as the club is still in a transitional period.
:clap2: spot on

Jan 30, 2008
Should one of the north corners become a youth section for 14 to 18 y/o only or full time education bods? With reduced season tickets,just seems the only option for the youngsters is to sit with the old man and his cronies,would also get a whole new vocal element to the ground,after all thats what the old north was like. Once reaching 18 a certain amount would have to relocate, but they should have priority over new season ticket applicants.
i thought our youth scene was regarded quite highly :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here