Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're Not Going Up!!!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
totally agree large one. they will get found out and relegated whilst we get promotion next season. unless we can do the playoff thing. i predict 2005,6 season we will be in 1st div whilst qpr will be back in div 2:lolol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The interesting thing about threads like this is that many of us would say that QPR are the best team in the division. We then get some canute trying to wind us up and so we remember their clowns like Shittu rather than the useful players in their team. Ho hum Brighton fans are meant to be arrogant. We know that this season the best we'll do is the play offs and that the big game for the Albion is being played off the pitch.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I reckon Q.P.R. could stay up in Division 1. There defence is the best in the division by a long way. I thought Forbes and Padulea did very well as full backs. They've got a bit of pace at the back which we lack.

Last edited:

E17hoop

Dec 3, 2003
Serious rivals? Nah - but you're one of the few teams that has beaten us this season and you had scored at LR in the LDV game. With injuries a few of us were worried.

You should make the playoffs - but don't rely on Benjamin. He's very off the pace and you could end up resorting to hoofing it to him for the rest of the season. The BHA I know has always passed the ball - yesterday we stopped a lot of it and with a full team it would have been a cracker.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The BHA we know has always passed the ball, for the last few years anyway. This year we've mostly been hoofing it though. :dunce:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Turkey said:
I reckon Q.P.R. could stay up in Division 1. There defence is the best in the division by a long way. I thought Forbes and Padulea did very well as full backs. They've got a bit of pace at the back which we lack.
Yeah their full backs were quality. They are a good team but if they think Shittu will cope in Div1 they have forgotten their long spell in the top division. It's good to know that we can still wind up other clubs when so many of our fair weather fans can't be bothered to get behind the club.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
mona said:
Yeah their full backs were quality. They are a good team but if they think Shittu will cope in Div1 they have forgotten their long spell in the top division. It's good to know that we can still wind up other clubs when so many of our fair weather fans can't be bothered to get behind the club.

Yep. Like us, the defence will be tested more in Division 1. I have doubts about Padulea's defence ability but Forbes was excellent imo. Best right back in the league.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
QPR should go up, and do have a lot of quality players in their side. On paper they are a better side than any in this division, and if they keep all the players fit, should pip Plymouth for the title.

Best we can hope for is to scrape into the playoffs, but is going up really in our best interests? We'd plumit back into Division 2 like a tonne of bricks, probably be relegated by christmas.

We need to bide our time and wait till Falmer gets the go-ahead, and consolidate our position in Div 2. It maybe a bit boring but we need stability (and Falmer) before we can ever realistically expect to compete in Div 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here