Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'You're just a one-man team'

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
He played for Surrey before us (Somerset was before Surrey). Slurry didn't want to renew his contract - great decision guys.

I think Surrey signed Mushy as a short term overseas player. He played a couple of games for them including one against Sussex where he took no wickets at all.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Yes, but it was at that game that Adams said that playing against Mushy and (I think) Alex Tudor was as tough as anything they'd faced and they were like a test attack. I guess from that point they realised that Mushy could still 'do a job'.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If we go on to win the match and the championship today, it will have been fully deserved, more wins than anyone else, a championship win takes a lot more than one world-class bowler, but it certainly bloody helps!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
One man team? I'm confused. Kirtley? or Mushy? Or Yardy? Or Murray?

Which one man are they talking about?

Good point, well made :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
One man team? I'm confused. Kirtley? or Mushy? Or Yardy? Or Murray?

Which one man are they talking about?
None of them. It's Prior. Oh hang on, make that ADAMS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In truth, the "one man team" is a ridiculous accusation to be levelled at what probably is the greatest professional sports team this county has ever seen.

We have 4 of the country's best 15 bowlers according the averages. We lost Rana to injury and his country, yet Arafat came in and performed superbly. Lewry hasd bowled the best season of his life - and he's about 65 years old. Kirtley has had a traumatic year and yet bowled superbly for a 5-for in the C&G finally. And as for the batting - it's been a long season, yet the number of abject innings we've posted can probably be counted on one hand. In other words, there has been steel and backbone right the way down the card.

We havefocussed on good players but not quite internations, whilst the Lancs, Surrrey's, Hampshire's, Yorkshire's go for the big names, who play International cricket and rarely perform at a County level.

Its their fault don't have a go at us for your poor selection policies.

Flintoff has played one half game for Lancs? Big names no performance.

LC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here