Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'You're just a one-man team'

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's the accusation flying about in the office re: Sussex at the moment from some bitter Lancs fans.

I did point out that he didn't score that many of the 560 runs. And surely part of having a great player like Mushy is providing the right conditions on and off the pitch for him to thrive.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Who cares?

They THINK we're a one man team, but we KNOW that they're smelly northerners. :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Who cares?

They THINK we're a one man team, but we KNOW that they're smelly northerners. :)
Also inform them that if we're a one man team they ought to be embarrassed that their team is inferior to one man. :bowdown:

There were some interesting comments on Sky at the end of the day's play ... about how the whole world of cricket LAUGHED when Peter Moores signed this clapped out spinner from Somerset.

Ho ho ho, I say.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just remind the Lancs tossers that we'll win the championship with just one man then. Lancs must be really shite if they can't with 11.

Oct 25, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
There were some interesting comments on Sky at the end of the day's play ... about how the whole world of cricket LAUGHED when Peter Moores signed this clapped out spinner from Somerset.

Ho ho ho, I say.

its AMAZING isn't it, peter moores is an absolute genius

he signed two bowlers who were fancied by NO-ONE and turned them into the best two bowlers in the country:clap:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Terrible thing jealousy. They couldn't win it last year with Muralitharan and he's taken how many test wickets?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Which is of course why we've got FOUR bowlers in the top 15 of the averages this season.

:clap:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lord Bracknell said:

Ho ho ho, I say.

He played for Surrey before us (Somerset was before Surrey). Slurry didn't want to renew his contract - great decision guys.

Ed's right though: there was a sense that Sussex were getting a bum deal as all the decent players had been snapped up. Great judgment by Moores.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
It was also Mushy who pushed Moores in the direction of Rana, who wasn't doing very well, but had potential. Obviously being around The Furry Genius bought out the best in Rana.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
One man team my arse. If Sussex was just Mushy and ten Sunday village green players do people REALLY think we'd be challenging for the 'double'?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
medicine man said:
It was also Mushy who pushed Moores in the direction of Rana, who wasn't doing very well, but had potential. Obviously being around The Furry Genius bought out the best in Rana.

And Arafat, whose contribution this year was excellent. I think we'd be playing him instead of Rana in this game if we could.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Why would Surrey have needed Mushy - they have Ian Salisbury! :lolol:
True! A devastating bowler. It was the clever way he mixed up the long hops with the full tosses that kept batsmen is two minds as to whether to hit the ball for 4 or 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here