Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're in charge of the summer rebuild: who goes, who stays and who joins?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Get rid of them all.

Absolute joke of a team. Can only score 4 against United.

Bloom, Barber, Potter, recruitment team, scouting team, and ALL players at ALL levels OUT...

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
We have to be realistic here - if we sack off say 10 players, who are going to replace them?

I’d say only two players are a long way behind PL standard and that’s March and Connolly. These should be sold, no doubt, regardless of the price (and let’s face it, no club will be rushing in will they??!)

Yes there are also definite cases for Gross, Lallana and Duffy too but I wouldn’t be upset if any stayed either as all are decent squad options.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Long thread so someone may already have suggested that an ideal scenario would be to sell no first team squad players and not buy any :smile:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We have to be realistic here - if we sack off say 10 players, who are going to replace them?

I’d say only two players are a long way behind PL standard and that’s March and Connolly. These should be sold, no doubt, regardless of the price (and let’s face it, no club will be rushing in will they??!)

Yes there are also definite cases for Gross, Lallana and Duffy too but I wouldn’t be upset if any stayed either as all are decent squad options.

To replace Solly as a squad player, its going to cost you a lot more than you are get for him, with no guarantee of any better output.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
To replace Solly as a squad player, its going to cost you a lot more than you are get for him, with no guarantee of any better output.

Sorry but I don’t even regard March as one of our better squad players. I’d blood one of our promising youngsters any day rather than see his name on the squad list. Just my opinion…

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Seriously, if you can't see how good Solly is, then I worry for you. He is a more than capable Premier League squad player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Long thread so someone may already have suggested that an ideal scenario would be to sell no first team squad players and not buy any :smile:

Don’t think we’ll actually do that much business……(hopefully only) one of Bissouma and Trossard will probably be sold ‘upwards’, Duffy and Connolly will go, Undav and Mitoma will boost us up front and Van Hecke and Khedra will also come in and Welbeck and Groß will probably get new deals. Can’t see Solly leaving, and wouldn’t want him to - very good on Saturday and last week at Wolves.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Pascal would have signed by now if he was going to.

If not I better be able to give him a good send of against West Ham or that will annoy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don’t think we will see many incomings for the first team this summer other than those returning.

I would rather we focus on retention and offer decent renewals to Mac, Trossard, Caicedo and get Cucurella on better terms

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Could do a lot worse to be sure, but I think however well the season has gone, every team/squad needs a bit of refreshing.

Bissouma going seems like a racing certainty now, plus rumours that Gros wants to return to Germany when his five year deal ends. Plus maybe we'll lose one of Trossard or Maupay. Quite happy keeping the rest.

So, where will the refreshment come from? - you could argue it has already to some extent with the emergence of Mwepu and Caicedo, and maybe Sarmiento, but there are several successful loanees who will be back here in the summer; Van Hecke, Clarke, Ostigard, Khadra, Cochrane, Rushworth and the USG lads - will the new blood come from within? I really could see us not buying anyone (for the first team anyway), but then the club usually surprise me. I thought we were after the other striker/forward player from USG, and I never expected us to spend £15M on a LB last summer!

I think the big interest this summer will be who goes on loan, and where, and what we do with the lads who, for various reasons, have had unsuccessful loans this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Solly who played a part in many of our famous EPL wins, Solly who was praised on MOTD.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I suspect Duffy, Biss, Tross and Maupay will be the big ‘outs’. Nothing more than reactive hunches really.
Nobody is going to stand in the way of Tross and Biss getting big moves given their age and contracts. Maupay- actually think he’s had a great season but something seems to have changed recently. If a decent team comes on for him for decent money I wouldn’t be surprised if he left.
Van Hecke will surely be given a chance in pre season, suspect Khadra is a bit inconsistent atm and Sarmiento and Mitoma are both likely to be ahead of him. Gross has to stay unless he wants a big pay day. I hope he stays.
Lallana will surely retire.
I’d love is to sign Sarr, Cornet and Nketiah.
Something like:

Sanchez
Steele
Dunk
Webster
Veltman
Lamptey
Cucu
Van Hecke
March
Gross
Caicedo
Alzate
Mwepu
Moder
Mac
Cornet (can play anywhere down the left and up top- would be an incredibly useful signing)
Sarr (I know I know, but why not dream?)
Mitoma
Undav
Wellbeck
Nketiah (has proven over the last few weeks he can score goals)

Plus a sprinkling of youngster looks like a very solid team with serious Potter adaptability. Pace. Power. Very exciting.
All pie in the sky obviously. Seriously, pick ten teams from that lot and it’s an incredible team.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Will go but want to keep:
Biss
Gross

Might go, but want to keep:
Trossard

Will more than likely go
Maupay (I like him, but with Undaz coming I don't see a place for him, although is Welbeck and Undaz enough?)
Duffy - needs more football.

Please go:
Connolly

Biggest signing of the summer would be Biss, but really can't see it unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here